to rotate or not to rotate, thats the question

Blackplatano

I rotate and I think its a good idea, I focus on wearing my favorites the most but I also rotate due to circumstance as well. If I know I am working with solvents or glues one day I put on something I don't like as much. If I am just doing carpentry work then I wear my faves. But to each his own.

I don't really think this question makes any sense. Either method is going to fade the same (can you think of any logical reason that one would end up better than the other?), the difference is the time it takes to achieve said fade.

So ugh...

After reading about wabi-sabi on mizanation's blog, I'd say you should go for whatever pair you feel like wearing without paying too much mind to it. In the end the pair which you like the most will have the most wear and stick out the most...

So more or less: rotating. xD

i like the concept of wabi sabi and would like to read mizanation's thoughts on it. what's the link to his blog?

I'm gonna offer the differing position and say don't rotate as much. I kinda do what rupecht does -- whenever i get a new one to work on I devote all my time to it for about a 3 month period then put it back in rotation with others to fine tune it. Doing the twice a week amongst 3 will be frustrating. You wont see any change for a loooong time. Plus they won't fade the same way. Those RRLs will be highly resistant for a long time.

rotation is good. All my jeans are breaking in and i dont mind taking my time. We shoudlnt be in a rush. Its something I am starting to figure out and the less attention i pay to it the more beautiful and fufiling the results are.

Guest StuckOnStupid

ive got a pair of new standards at 6 months, another at about 2 with zero wear, and kicking mules that dont even have any creases yet. i work in a corporate environment, so im wearring dress pants everyday. i rotate to whatever looks best with the cut/color. although in the summer im gonna rock the faded apcs as much as humanly possible...

I really have a hard time grasping that "fading " jeans are THAT important... I mean, you buy stuff that looks good raw, probably alot cuz of the fit and feel of the denim. Why not wear the jeans you feel like, and that looks good with other stuff you got on? They´ll fade sooner or later anyway, and rotating them, or whatever, will only prolong the life.

I´ll probably wear the newest ones I got the most, but that is because they are new and fun:) When they feel "normal", I´ll just pick jeans/pants that looks good with certain shoes or because I feel like wearing a certain pair for some reason.

Guest StuckOnStupid
I really have a hard time grasping that "fading " jeans are THAT important... I mean, you buy stuff that looks good raw, probably alot cuz of the fit and feel of the denim. Why not wear the jeans you feel like, and that looks good with other stuff you got on? They´ll fade sooner or later anyway, and rotating them, or whatever, will only prolong the life.

I´ll probably wear the newest ones I got the most, but that is because they are new and fun:) When they feel "normal", I´ll just pick jeans/pants that looks good with certain shoes or because I feel like wearing a certain pair for some reason.

my thoughts exactly.

its like buying a car and running it into the ground for no reason to me.

well not really, but sort of.