LOOKING TO SKATE

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

No hate but I finally want to get into skating again. Had a set from toysrus when I was young, but haven't bought a board since.

Can anyone tell me the cost of a full set up and should I just go to a skateshop?

Are the artsy decks sakteable? Seems Like i'd want one of the ones covered in griptape stuff?

Help me out.

do i post too much?

Going to a skateshop would be a good idea, if you don't know how to put griptape on.

Most decks are skateable regardless of look and make. Most of the big companies get their decks made from the same factories anyway, and it's here other brand, just order some standard deck, and have them put some other graphics on.

A complete setup you'll probably have to drop about 150 USD, which isn't too bad.

Try and look around places like www.ccs.com for the more popular skatebrands. The artsy ones you'll have to find yourself. You can also buy a blank deck, and paint it yourself, or have someone paint it.

If you have anymore questions, just PM me.

Hope that helpled a little.

Definitely buy a blank, dont skate the artsy collectable decks - you ll ruin them. You may also want to check ebay for a complete, I m sure people who stop skating probably put up their completes all the time. Good job getting back into skating. Skate on

Quote:

Definitely buy a blank, dont skate the artsy collectable decks - you ll ruin them. You may also want to check ebay for a complete, I m sure people who stop skating probably put up their completes all the time. Good job getting back into skating. Skate on

--- Original message by eldave04 on May 8, 2005 11:26 AM

I skate a molodkin x supreme deck. only cost me 60 bucks so why not? fuck hanging it on the wall imo.

2000AD Hectic Homeboys Lace Themselfs on a Daily Basis

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Ummm just get a blank deck...

as for wheels... I only get ricta, call me picky but i stick with what i like...

trucks i like thunder or venture...

woooo i love living close to a good skateshop :)

just make sure you buy powell swiss bearings - they're the most expensive, but are

by far the best. zero wood is good.. i've got a krooked gonz right now; it's alright..

zeros my fav though.

in addtion -

independent trucks

spitfire wheels.

and there go.

now drop in dude!

dig.

Just go to your nearest skate shop and pick up COMPLETE set up...where it comes with wheels, trucks, and the board. You should start off with a fatter width board if your just getting into skating because its more stable and you can learn the basics from there. You really wont feel any difference if your just starting off.

completes can run 99-160 depending on the components of the complete set up.

Have Fun! thats the main thing.

peace

RELAX DONT DO IT

OH MY GOD. THIS MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT SEA URCHINS.

We should have a poll:

Was Dontcaretoomuchforcrap

A) Goth

B) Raver

C) Nerd

D) Abercrombie

E) Loser

F) Wigger

G) Rollerblader

H) Wearing clothes his parents picked out

before he 500 posted his way to being a wannabe "cool" NYC kid, complete with Alife name dropping email [email protected]?

JESUS CHRIST. Kid kid kid, PLEAAASE. JUST PLEASE TELL US YOUR AGE. If you are under 16 I forgive you.

Don't be scurrred.

FUUUUCK I feel like all I do is talk shit on this board. But mad people here are just straight rediculous.... This kid is too much.

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.

Maaaan you should have said that from the START.

In that case, sorry for hating on you so much... everything makes alot of sense now....

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.