any fighters on here?

mizanation

I just found out theres a Gracie academy next to my apartment. I just gotta work out a schedule now to fit it in sometime between school and work.

Id much rather take kick boxing but there are no good schools near me.

trained and coached muay thai for about 5 years, did BJJ for one year and competed, did TKD a long long time ago but I'm looking to get my flexability back. I haven't done any training in about 6 months due to lack of time and my focus on powerlifting.

I've been doing judo for about...four, five years? It's been tough finding an affordable club here in Toronto, but luckily UofT has an excellent one. Pretty casual, not much aimed at compettive training, but the quality of the instruction is phenomenal.

ktothe I just remembered, there's a pretty good kyokushin school/club at UW I've been hearing about. They have open sparring on saturdays, I've been meaning to go and have a few rounds with them sometime.

ktothe I just remembered, there's a pretty good kyokushin school/club at UW I've been hearing about. They have open sparring on saturdays, I've been meaning to go and have a few rounds with them sometime.

Eh, im not too interested in Karate at this point. Thats good to know though, thanks.

• 3 months later...

Started with kyokushin karate at the age of 4 until 12. Then I started to do judo at the same sportschool. Already 9 nine years of judo, and started a year ago with tournaments, best thing ever. The bad is the level in the Netherlands and especially in my region is very difficult. Best part is the teaching and coaching of the little judoka's from the age of 8 to 14.

• 2 months later...

Gonna bump this up, gonna start back at BJJ in the next month probably and then attempt a Muay Thai class. Haven't trained BJJ for close to a year and haven't trained seriously in close to 3 so I'm expecting to get my arse KICKED. On a positive note, I used to be a skinny fucker and since then I've bulked up quite a bit so I expect to be able to bully some people smaller than me!

I don't think my blue belt is gonna feel like a blue though...

if you can believe it i did about 2-3 years of pretty intense muay thai, bjj, and kali/arnis

basically it came down to be doing too hard to make training 5 times a week and breakdancing practice 4 times a week in addition to going to the gym and running and stuff while getting ready for SATs and all that other college prep shit

ive been more or less on and off now since i started-- months long breaks due to work and injury.

gonna train muay thai for the first time again since july, was training for ~1 year prior to the break. hopefully start training bjj again next week-- took a break after injury from the pan ams. healed up and the had to take a break for work.

j8zaj5.jpg

I did Wing Chun for about 3 months when I was younger, I don't think I could do any MA now though that didn't have realistic sparring.

That's exactly how i'm feeling @ this point.

I'd love to work some striking, but between bjj 3-5 days a week, a real job, taking care of my dogs, etc i just don't have the damn time for it. :mad:

• 5 months later...