cheap fashion is the best / authentic

Guest freedomfighter

Guest StuckOnStupid

and you felt driven to say this why exactly? do you need validition for your shitty gear? i dont get it. why don't you post on the supergetdressedinthedark.com forums.

this post is the internet equivalent of going to a gay bar and complaining about all the faggots.

Guest StuckOnStupid

I can't see myself in a peacoat or a scarf ever either though, so maybe I'm just not ready to grow up.

I don't know.

i love how dude made it all dramatic with the double space.

(wonder years voice over)

"i cant see myself ever fighting in this illegal war. maybe im just not your typical american.

I don't know"

*cue rage against the machine as credits roll

i agree with OP

well, maybe not that cheap fashion is best----i disagree with that, actually. but there is something to be said with just sticking with the clothes that are in your closet and wearing your wardrobe into the ground. there's something very unbecoming about new clothes; and i distrust people that i never see in the same outfit twice.

or maybe i don't have enough paper.

i don't know.

whatever. all i know is that nobodys ever questioning my sexuality or laughing at me. people occasionally tell me i have nice style, and i'm just pulling stuff out of my closet or for $20 or less.

okay those people in your immediate environment are complimenting you...

who are they, your mom and dad? grandparents?

with this confidence why not post a "budget/$20" fashion photo of yourself, so that we can all compliement you as well.

I agree that cheap clothes can be great. Not cheap as in poorly made, but who doesn't like finding a deal on something sweet? My main style is a pair of nice jeans, some decent shoes, and then thrift store T and collared shirt over that. It's a nice balance that doesn't break the bank. But ever since I got into denim, cheap jeans just feel shitty to me. It's worth the money to have some nice jeans.

You know what I find equally as annoying as people who obsess with high fashion name brands...people who constantly feel the need to stress the idea that people who mix and match and incorporate lower priced, mass market brands into their look are more 'genuine' in their style than people who wear mostly expensive clothing.

Who the fuck cares where anything is from, if it looks good it looks good.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just a random musing. carry on...

If you watch a lot fo the style shows (dear lord that channel is on 24/7 at my house, mainly to look at it and get ideas) they talk about the high low, high end high priced items mixed with lower priced even cheap items normally looks the best.

Like daily i will wear something along the lines of a bout $200 in jeans, carry a $300 bag, and wear aa tee's hoodies and tanks and flip flops, or some $10 bass sneakers from ross for less.

cheap low cost stuff is great when worn properly, or when bought for the appropriate reason, i.e. some trendy necklace that is going to go out next season, buy the damn thing at wally world or target and save yourself a buck, but dont get your basics cheap, you wear them too much to go cheap on those.

for me the high low is, i buy t shirts, tanks, and trendy items cheap. I buy my basics for quality, and that normally comes with expense.

If you watch a lot fo the style shows (dear lord that channel is on 24/7 at my house, mainly to look at it and get ideas) they talk about the high low, high end high priced items mixed with lower priced even cheap items normally looks the best.

Like daily i will wear something along the lines of a bout $200 in jeans, carry a $300 bag, and wear aa tee's hoodies and tanks and flip flops, or some $10 bass sneakers from ross for less.

that's fine...i don't see anything wrong with high/low, just i don't really like people who constantly shove this philosophy down people's throats and are doing it so deliberately. Like i said, if it looks good....

the thrift stores around me have been incredible. tons of old ralph flannels & oxfords, member's only jackets, lacoste windbreaker, and a corduroy varsity jacket that i've received tons of compliments on in just the past few days alone

my arms get tired sifting through all the racks, but it's always thrilling when you find something cool AND when it fits you properly when you try it on. plus it's cheap. basically I am just a firm advocate of shopping on a budget if it looks good. I do, however, agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't skimp on essentials like jeans