what are you doing for valentines day?

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was in response to someone's question in "Superjetset". Figured it was appropriate to share on this special day...:

"Q: V-day in NYC. Any ideas (hotels packages, dinner, etc)

I live downtown in NYC. & I'm looking to do something special with the lady. Anyone have any ideas??? I've looked at some hotel packages, spas.... but anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks...

A: 10 Steps to perfection:

1. Try to get tickets to The Aviator (Wifey really wanted to see it)...Fail, and instead get tickets to Hotel Rawanda (!!!) for 10:00pm

2. Show up to the Fancy and Hip restaurant you both wanted to try without flowers. Watch her face fall as she sees your empty hands.

3. Sulk your way through a mediocre dinner with an $120 price tag, while you sheepishly explain how you were going to "romantically" swoop them up later from a korean market and "suprise her" on your way to the movie.

4. Then explain how instead of Getting tickets to see Leo do his thing, You got a couple a seats to watch Don Cheadle and Co. suffer through one of the most brutal genocides of the late 20th century. Watch as she looks confused. think to yourself: "but I thought you really wanted to see it?"

5. Look at the tickets, and realize that the bitch at the theatre gave you tickets for the 7:30 Showing instead of the one you asked for. Fuck. Throw them away as you hail a cab.

6. Inexplicably jump out of the cab before reaching home saying "I'll meet you there" Go to cheap Korean market in Astoria. Procure one wilted, but still presentable bunch of roses. Carry them home amidst 40mph winds and rain.

7. Arrive sopping, flowers in hand only to find that she "doesn't like that color" Mutter and curse to yourself about how nothing pleases her while she cries quietly.

8. Have some half hearted sex and call it a night.

9. "Fuck Valentines day"

10. "I will never do this shit again....."