australia :: perth :: shopping

home

Went over to Perth a couple months back for a job assessment and had some time to wander around the city and was really surprised at how much better than Adelaide it was lol... Stumbled across Wasteland on King's St. and again was taken back by the labels they stocked as well as the art related gear. Store assistant recommended this coffee joint around the corner called Tiger Tiger I think and it was one of the best coffees I had.

Looking at all the other shops posted here, I'm pretty keen to explore the city some more when I head over there next year. Just a bit unsure about the living expenses especially accomodation. Heard it was almost as bad as Sydney :(

Tiger's is nice and chilled place, next time your here try velvet coffee on king, so smooth and full of flavour.

As for living expenses I moved here from Brisbane 5 months ago, the rent is shit. I was paying 150 a week for a place in the valley in Brisbane next to the city, here I pay 160 and its a few suburbs out. I hear its from all the miners being able to push the rents up to high. My current landlord had someone who offered to pay a years worth of rent in advance and he was a miner. Don't think it would be as bad as sydney though, you can find a nice one bedroom at east perth, practically in the city for around 225 a week.

As for living expenses I moved here from Brisbane 5 months ago, the rent is shit. I was paying 150 a week for a place in the valley in Brisbane next to the city, here I pay 160 and its a few suburbs out. I hear its from all the miners being able to push the rents up to high. My current landlord had someone who offered to pay a years worth of rent in advance and he was a miner. Don't think it would be as bad as sydney though, you can find a nice one bedroom at east perth, practically in the city for around 225 a week.

Just read in the paper a few days ago that mining towns north of Perth have inflated rent at up around $900 per week cos of the mining that goes on around in those places. The locals have had to live in shelters and whatnot because of it. Pretty screwed if you ask me.

$225 in east Perth sounds decent enough though if the apartments nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Currently im in talks with quite a few more. but to give a basic quick idea so far, ordered includes RG-NY, CP, Beat Poet, Julian Red, CON, Friedrich Gray and alot more im organising at the moment.

sounds like it will be a great range, 3 of my favourite aussie designers too. btbam are you going to sell online/ over the phone for those of us who aren't in perth ;)?

I cut at my friend's house, $20 for cut. His very good with the latest styles. And has the time to discuss what cuts you want and all.

if anyone is interested i can pm you the address.

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in perth for men? For around 45 to 65 for a men's haircut?

zekka is a great store though most stuff is out of my price range... and ye the guy there is super-helpful, enjoyable coffee as well.

gingers shoes for gentlemen has some alright stuff, JV converse, spring courts and they guy who worked there told me they will be getting common projects within the next few months.

Also anyone know when realm is re-opening?

Bit annoyed nyevopia closed before I even knew about it properly, S2A/Raf by Raf would be more in my price range than zekka :|

Perth has a few good stores now, was a bit suprised also and can't think of a specific reason because I can't see miners copping that julius.. but Zekka/Dilanette/Wasteland and also btbam's new store by the sound of it should be a good lineup... and I'm probably forgetting atleast one or two.

cheers,

dave

Realm is open around on hay street.

Gingers is stocking the court shoe and one of the boots.

Zekka is beautiful. They will(are) do really well.

Perth is starting to really get worthwhile. A new bar is being opened soon aswell that should be amazing