canvas, duck, non-denim pants?

superBobo

Looking for some heavy duck canvas-ish pants, preferebly with rivets, but without the hammer loops and stuff like that, that Carhartt and such use. A more oldschool look perhaps, something a bit cleaner.

Something like the LVC or warehouse ducks maybe, but cheaper... ? Input?

(sorry if this is a small-question, but maybe some will find it interesting)

Hm

Im more after a workwear/denim/dungaree cut than a chino cut actually, something a bit sturdier. Carhartt would be perfect if there wasn´t all those ruler pockets and hammer loops. Seems slightly tapered aswell, a straight leg is probably better.

Dockers aren´t really what Im after, even though they have done some pretty nice pants (k-1 comes to mind, WW2 cut)

check these out:

800a.jpg

800b.jpg

800d.jpg

800f.jpg

We've actually got three pairs left in size 30, 31, and 33...

$200 a pair..

in terms of quality, they're as good as it gets when it comes to duck/canvas..

All the carhartt stuff Ive seen are carpenter style with hammer loops and nonsense I dont want on pants.

In my short search for canvas chinos/jeans Ive come up with two Im thinking of buying.

These are a canvas jean cut pant, and look like a cheaper alternative to the Ironhearts previously posted. For 23 bucks Im thinking of giving them a shot.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0027054922342a&navCount=1&podId=0027054&parentId=cat601901&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21082-cat601901&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601901&hasJS=true

These here are just canvas chinos

http://www.billskhakis.com/limited_edition/index.aspx

Scroll down to the "weathered canvas" model. These show up on ebay alot and Im waiting on my size in the M2 cut (less baggy). The tobacco color actually looks better and closer to that of those ironhearts in pics I've seen on ebay than the pics on the Bills website.

I think I might try both of these. After that Im going to buy a nice denim shirt like a Blue Bell or something and steal superbobo's and nemoulette's look. I really dig that look guys.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping a super old thread, but I'm looking for some cotton duck pants exactly as superBobo described in his original post. I would have loved to pick up the Iron Heart's, but it looks like I missed out. Did anyone end up trying out the Cabela's or Bill's pants? Has anything new come out since the last post? Thanks for any help.

I've got two pairs of the Iron Heart's.. size 29..

I'll sell em for $150 if anybody wants em..

Ooo, measurements, Kiya?

Like full measurements?

The waist runs true to size, it's sanforized material..

So the waist is about 29"..

I wear a 29 in Sugar Cane, Flat Head, Samurai, etc..

And these fit me snug and slim perfectly.

I have two pairs, both unworn...

Like full measurements?

The waist runs true to size, it's sanforized material..

So the waist is about 29"..

I wear a 29 in Sugar Cane, Flat Head, Samurai, etc..

And these fit me snug and slim perfectly.

I have two pairs, both unworn...

Hm...what's the rise and thigh measurement? I MIGHT be able to fit one...but only if the rise is fairly high. Do you know if these stretch much?

Mountain Khakis (http://www.mountainkhakis.com )seem like they might be nice aswell, though they have more details than 5-pocket jeans. I have yet to own any.

I have since the original post embraced carpenter pants and have a handful of carhartt pants. You just cant beat that value, great construction andmaterial, super comfy cut for like 30$. And some extra pockets come handy to have.

SuperBobo, I do love the Carhart's, but I am really trying to find something without the belt loop / ruler pocket (?). I think I might try out the Cabela's version since they are super cheap. The problem I'm finding with other brands now, is they all seem to have a vintage / weathered finish which I'm not a fan of. I was thinking of buying the largest Carhart's I could find, like a 50" waist, and then cutting and sewing them down to a 32" to get rid of the carpenter details. I think it will probably be more trouble than it's worth though. Oh well.

Thanks for the pics. That cut does look nice, is it the dungaree fit? After giving it more than five minutes of thought it is a horrible idea to try and buy big ones and cut them down. What are the pants in the top pic you posted? They look like the same color and material as the double front which I really like, but I can't find it on the Carhartt website. I think I'm also going to try the Carhartt Hamilton pants, I just wish they came in the double front colors.

^^ B11, Washed duck pants (dungaree fit) in the pics. Same colors as double front, but softer and easier to wear.

The hamilton pants are nice aswell, not duck though but a softer brushed cotton fabric. Good summer pants

Hamiltons in moss, a bit oversized:

iskogen.jpg

^^ those look nice of course. The material looks more like a twill than duck though, like these Levis (673) carpenters I got. The cut and details looks very similar to the Needles pants, only thing the levis lack is the buckle back.

Kinda sad that I seem to be the only one on sufu sporting the carpenter pants. People dont know what they miss.

Internet002.jpg

Hm...what's the rise and thigh measurement? I MIGHT be able to fit one...but only if the rise is fairly high. Do you know if these stretch much?

waist 28.5"

thigh 11.75"

hem 8.5"