football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Yea, but he's still a player that gets you 12-15 goals a season. Im pretty sure he'd perform in a club like Milan, together with a coach like Ancelotti. Real have been imploding for the past couple of years, Im not surprised most of the players there are unmotivated or uneager to play good football.

About Inter, I dont really fancy them as a club, seeing how they buy and sell like nobodies business. Further more, they dont breed young talent and more than 3/4 of their squad arent Italian. Theyve more or less become the Italian Chelsea, minus the cash.

1. True. No doubt Ronaldo can get you double digits goals. More if he keeps fit and he is of use till he is in his early thirties.

2. Real is nuts. Getting rid of Cappello who motivated his players enough to get their first La Liga title after 4 years is nuts. What is Schuster's pedigree other than getting Getafe to whip Barca in King's Cup? With Cappello gone, you can bet Emerson would be sold soon. Cannavaro should stay because of his World and Europe players trophy but his stock must have dropped defending in Real.

Also, their incessant chasing of other stars regardless of whether they fit into the club is silly. Why do they need another winger like Robben? Robben is good not great when he is healthy. I think Robinho is a much better prospect.

3. I am ambivalent about Inter. I do like to watch clubs choke full of superstars though.

why the fuck is Iraq in the Asian Cup. They should either be in the africa region tournament or in the cauca-white region. And don't gimme that "well Iraq sucks" excuse, how the hell did Greece win Euro a few years ago...

Haha. I totally agree with the Capello statement. I dont like him, but his quality is undeniable. BTW which club are you rooting for? Ive been a United supporter since I was 8, and lets hope we get Tevez and keep Rossi. I dont like Liverpool for obvious reasons, but on the Torres debate, Im pretty sure he might find it hard to keep up the pace in the Premiership. He will know how to deal with the pressure that comes with the price tag I suppose, seeing how he was made captain of Atletico at the age of 21. But honestly speaking, being a United fan, Id be more wary of Garcia rather than Torres.

Haha. I totally agree with the Capello statement. I dont like him, but his quality is undeniable. BTW which club are you rooting for? Ive been a United supporter since I was 8, and lets hope we get Tevez and keep Rossi. I dont like Liverpool for obvious reasons, but on the Torres debate, Im pretty sure he might find it hard to keep up the pace in the Premiership. He will know how to deal with the pressure that comes with the price tag I suppose, seeing how he was made captain of Atletico at the age of 21. But honestly speaking, being a United fan, Id be more wary of Garcia rather than Torres.

Looks like Fergie will get Tevez. Interesting to see how Fergie fits Tevez in his team. I have already said Rooney cannot play upfront but shines in roaming behind a main striker like Ruud, Saha or even Larsson. You cannot have Tevez and Rooney roaming behind together.

Luis Garcia? That guy who seems to shine only in European matches? I thought Rafa is getting rid of him in order to get money for Torres?

Not getting rid of, he's gone. :)

So what do you think next EPL season would shape up to be?

I thought Man U wasted a golden opportunity to do a double last season despite outclassed by AC Milan in UCL. I mean Ronaldo gets man-marked and snuffed off by Fereira? Probably the worst Chelsea right back option.

This Charity Shield should be interesting. Mourinho promised to play more attacking football this season but they still cant score. Old habits die hard and Chelsea still defend and not press for the finishing goal once they get their lead.

Mourinho claimed to have outsmarted Fergie by figuring out his tactics and neutralising them in FA Cup. But Fergie claimed otherwise. Mourinho still got the edge over Fergie in head to head encounters.

So Charity Shield is up for grabs I think.

Hmm.. Thats the thing. We do well in the league, but when we do face heated rivals, they usually come out on top. See Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea. Im glad we usually beat Liverpool though.

Mourinho, I dont take his words seriously at all. He rants whenever he loses, doesnt matter to whom. United controlled most of the play in the cup final, and kudos to Drogba for scoring that goal, but I dont reckon Chelsea could ever become an attacking side. It'll be interesting to see both teams go head to head with their new signings though, and Im sure the up coming season is gonna be heaps thrilling. I say United 2-1 for the Charity Shield.

• 1 month later...

yea they had to actually steal it...ughh.. last season they were at least in 4th place right from the beginning..they're friggin like 13th right now...what the hell?

Nani is amazing, anderson is sick but he never does anything while on the pitch..Tevez needs to wake up..and score more cuz he's a beast once he's in mode..They really should put in Ji sung park cuz that man knows how to work the ball

yea they had to actually steal it...ughh.. last season they were at least in 4th place right from the beginning..they're friggin like 13th right now...what the hell?

They are 3rd right now but since you're a Man Utd fan I'm not expecting you to able to count so I'll let it slide.

Nani is amazing, anderson is sick but he never does anything while on the pitch..

I guess you know him off the pitch, please post more in the hot gay action thread.

Ji sung park cuz that man knows how to work the ball
Korea Maradona is out till 2008 but I guess you wouldn't know. Fucking seasonal supporters!

thanks for the wake up call mike..

appreciate it..Seriously havent been keepin up with the leagues lately..been workin full time so i never get time to check out scores and such..

I'd better try to stay in tune with the league more often.. What makes matters worse is that my satellite provider cut off my fox sports and setanta sports(correct me if im wrong on that spelling)

with owen starting to score once again and big sam in the drivers seat, good times have been foreseen at tyneside!

word, too bad either oba or viduka or ameobi will want to leave by the end of the season. i prefer martins to be honest, since he is much younger but viduka can play more of a shearer role since he's big. good thing smith can play midfield.