football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

macheda the matchwinner strikes again!

Goal looked pretty good, I think he deserves more credit than was given.

But I can't tell if he actually directed the ball with the sidefoot, or just wicked deflection.

Just feel fortunate to have seen this match really. With Stevie G. out, I had my doubts coming in, but Pool showed what the team is made of.

Fireworks, just unbelievable - and the tenacity of Chelsea coming back after that first half. Mindblowing.

Proud to be a Red, proud of our supporters (we don't need no free flags handed out to be a force on the stands thank you very much). Gorgeous match.

This is what football is about gents, no shame in going out this way.

(and let's be frank, Chelsea are about to have their posh asses handed to them at Camp Nou, so that certainly helps soften the blow...)

it was Risse last year, and now Reina this year. we always seem to concede own goals that bite us in the ass but it wasn't Reina's fault we didn't move on. Rafa...if last year's result didnt do it for you, hopefully this one does and realize that were still missing a piece. please get something done this off season and bring some talent in. I dont know why we dismissed David Silva but if we end up getting Eto'o that would be just as good. and please please when i say bring in more talent, im not talking about another Keane

i'd say cech was worse if i had to choose. that first goal was a complete fuck up, not to mention the time he was caught on the edge of the box with an open goal. i feel liverpool shipped more goals simply because they had to be more offensive.

Guest umhaha84
i'd say cech was worse if i had to choose. that first goal was a complete fuck up, not to mention the time he was caught on the edge of the box with an open goal. i feel liverpool shipped more goals simply because they had to be more offensive.

still you gotta admit Cech's save against Torres's header was probably most important save of the match

Both goalie seemed pretty shaky. Cech made some good saves, but Reina was pretty much horrible throughout the game.
i think cech was way worse out of the two. reina fucked up with the first goal but couldn't do much else. cech was caught out few times and the first goal was just a joke. i'm not sure if he's falling apart or he doesn't feel safe behind this defense.

Man I feel for Cech, yes he was made foolish for cheating but that is honestly a 1 in 100 goal. I'm still an advocate for the man at the wall not jumping cause I think it's pretty useless. Regardless Cech looked pretty bad all game.

The highlights for the game were so long, I watched like a 23 min clip haha.

A Dutch reporter asked Hiddink what Benitez said when they shook hands after the match. He responded that Benitez said that they won only because the ref was biased. Always a poor loser concept?

Anyway, can't wait for Chelsea - Barcelona. I'd put my money on the Spanish side, but then again Hiddink never fails to surprise.