football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

I must admit, I thought group B was fuckin shit til today's games, both were great to watch..

..Modric is pretty good baby 8)

one luka modric

there's only one luka moooooooodric

the more i watch him the more i suspect he'll get a runout as a holding midfielder for spurs if we can't sort that out properly. dos santos, jenas, modric, lennon isn't too shabby (though pint sized)

redshirt - as england aren't participating in this tournament i'd appreciate it if you could keep your comments on topic :D

Guest umhaha84

So it's gonna be WC2006 Final all over again without Zidane to headbutt italian players,

it really comes down to whether Holland will rest their players or not.

OMMZZZG WHAT A GAAAME

both beaaaaauuutiful goals, fuckin shame that 3 good teams were put together because of these shitty hosts..

france are pretty mediocre. i was pretty juiced about the 2nd dutch goal until i realized it was the rapist's. what a move by van nistelrooy tho.

i still question if the dutch can survive a physical side that doesn't give them space, combined with a strong attack. don't think spain would be the ones to do it. if by some fluke russia manages to get through it could be a real test.

btw what's up with naming a stadium "wankdorf"???!?

i still question if the dutch can survive a physical side that doesn't give them space, combined with a strong attack. don't think spain would be the ones to do it. if by some fluke russia manages to get through it could be a real test.

it could be romania. i don't think dutch will play a very weak team, they have a great squad and still few players that didn't even play one minute of the tournament. yet i think romania will bring that tough defending and quick counters without opening much space and then we'll really see what the dutch can do. i think spain wins tomorrow and so does russia, and in the last game the soviets send home that scandinavian borefest.