Rap and how pop culture affects denim

AlwayzFresh2Death

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a lot of RMC, Evisu, and those jeans are now centered around rap and hip-hop. A lot of black guys are constantly asking me where I got them. I was wondering what you guys think of this. Now of course you guys probably dont consider RMC or evisu nice, more like sugas, or PBJ, but really. Does rap really have that much affect on our community (denim community). As an italian, who is in to rap and hip-hop, I find it sort of overwhelming...

thanks

the black people you are asking about probably wonder why you are wearing them yourself.

i can probably name a couple of black people who wore these jeans way before you.

Be honest. You kind of get a hard-on when "black people" axe you about your jonses, right? You kinda wanna bend em over? You turn around and show em how much you is saggin? :eek: :D :confused: :P :p Yeah we know why you rock em.

^^^^ talk about generalizing. know wat you're talking about before you blabber off about something.

i'm pretty much the complete opposite of what most peopel would call "hiphop" but when shits done right, it looks fuckin dope. Theres a reason why brands like Evisu and Bape and what not are such the big hype cuz when its done tastefully, it looks good.

and yes, alot of times their fit is off but i really cant picture...say 50 Cent or something rockin Dior 19cm's..,unless they size up alot. But if you look at alot of hiphop artists (personally a fan of the way TI, Common, Will I Am, etc dress). Its done tastefully so they look nice and clean while still rockin that nonfitted apparel.

and yes, alot of times their fit is off but i really cant picture...say 50 Cent or something rockin Dior 19cm's..,unless they size up alot. But if you look at alot of hiphop artists (personally a fan of the way TI, Common, Will I Am, etc dress). Its done tastefully so they look nice and clean while still rockin that nonfitted apparel.

the people you named do not dress like the OP.

i know but i was just stating that not all rappers dress like shit and all dress the same (as stated by the dude who posted above me)

oh i guess i was just confused since you were talking about

""hiphop" but when shits done right, it looks fuckin dope. Theres a reason why brands like Evisu and Bape and what not are such the big hype cuz when its done tastefully, it looks good."
right before you mentioned those people, my bad.

First of all, wearing clothes that are too big on you looks retarded, whether you're a kid, grown-up or old man. Secondly, Red Monkey, some Evisu and The Year Of just look nasty and will only look nastier with time. Furthermore, not all rappers dress alike. Lastly, (and this should scare most people on this forum), the slim fit is infiltrating hip hop. Pretty soon you'll have to sell all your sammies, 'sugas'/canes, pbjs/peanut butter jellys etc etc on ebay.

By the way, according to Nas, hip hop is dead.

jay z name dropped evisu in a song. after that, its over. dude sold more sneakers in one day than jordans can sell in a year. of course it was gonna blow up. jigga to black urban males is like pharrel to white suburban males. and lets not get started on us asians again. if brude lee wore evisu, id have a daicock tattoed on my forehead.