From my 511s that i just bought

tag size: 32x34 soft rigid(100% cotton)

waist: 16"

inseam: 33.5"

f rise: 9.5-9.75"

thigh: 11.25"

knee: 8"

hem: 7"

yeah i think they're 130 - 160 aud in dakota 501.

i was pretty wtf about it.

hahah i hate that fucking store

i have no idea why levi's is so inflated over here i still see people on ebay buying 501's for $90 like its a bargain.

how much do the 511's shrink when washed and dried?

how much do they stretch out?

and how is the black stretch 511 different in these to aspects?

These levis are sanforized so I can't imagine a whole lot of shrinkage. Haven't really worn mine yet so I couldn't tell you how much they'll stretch after wearing them. The black are called stretch most likely because they have a synthetic stretch material in the denim, rather than being 100% cotton like jeans without stretch.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=29918

I'm selling a raw pair. Measurements are there if people are curious how they fit. They're also 100% cotton and relatively stiff so these will actually fade well unlike the other ones.

• 1 month later...
for the 511s with stretch, how much does the waist stretch after reasonable wear? should i size up to account for the stretching?

You can expect about 1" - 1.5" stretch in the waist, with reasonable wear(nothing strenuous like skateboarding or biking). I wear a 32" waist and with the stretch 511's, I usually get them 1 size down so that after a couple of week, they fit just perfect and is not too tight.

I wear 511's at work everyday. I work in a timberyard/ store room/ forklift so they are getting all the love that jeans were used to in WW2 era factories. They are great jeans for the price, I only wished they were a little bit skinnier.

the fit on these is so nice, but the denim quality is absolutely horrible.

i dont know if thats the same with the black or indigo but with the washed black, the denim with about 2 months of wear, is seethrough in some spots.

I NEED THIS FIT WITH JAPAN QUALITY! can anyone help me out with that?

I'm pretty sure that the quality of the UK Levi's are much better, like the 511's on Oi Polli.

That being said I absolutely love the fit and they sell a nice unwashed version at South Coast Plaza, though it isn't anywhere as stiff as STFs.

If you care more about fades then 501s are better, but the 511 fit is awesome.

the fit on these is so nice, but the denim quality is absolutely horrible.

i dont know if thats the same with the black or indigo but with the washed black, the denim with about 2 months of wear, is seethrough in some spots.

I NEED THIS FIT WITH JAPAN QUALITY! can anyone help me out with that?

I have two pairs of the black-blue colored ones(rail) and the fabric definitely feel thinner compared to the soft rigid finish. I'd suggest picking up a couple of pairs of those instead.

I have two pairs of the black-blue colored ones(rail) and the fabric definitely feel thinner compared to the soft rigid finish. I'd suggest picking up a couple of pairs of those instead.

well what i meant was something not levis.

i have nudies, iron hearts, and samurais but these get the most wear because the fit is so awesome.

how are diors compared to this?

or any model of april 77s?

or anything but levis!

Dior 19cm are skinnier with a longer inseam. Not by a great deal around the waist/ thigh but the knee and hem opening are definately smaller. Obviously the MIJ raw denim is heavier and nicer.

I want like an 18oz raw 511!

• 1 month later...

I'll resurect this thread :)

I bought a pair of 511s about 4 months ago. I wanted to see how they would fade and they were cheap ($59 CDN I think). On average I probably wore them every other day since it was too hot to wear them for many summer days.

The jeans were not labeled as dry/raw/rigid or anything but I think that's what they are supposed to be.

I just washed them in cold water, delicate cycle, with Woolite black, and then air dried on a clothes line.

Here are the results (not bad IMO). Sorry, the pictures are not very good quality because they were taken with a 2MP webcam (all I have at the moment). The actual colour is a significantly darker indigo than the pictures indicate.

Picture17.jpg

Picture14.jpg

Picture16.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture12.jpg

Picture11.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well I purchased 2 from JCPenney in Solid Raw for 35$ each.....they are ok. I am surprised that the American size is different from the European one, the waist is exactly same however the tights are less slim as well as the overall shape. The back pockets are also smaller which is better. Anyway, it is more comfortable. As for the denim quality, it seems to be one wash...there are some bleeding on the labels and hangtag...but nothing that looks too serious. The denim quality is average, still a very good deal a that price (they are 3 times more expensive in Europe !).

I got a pair of 511's in 32/34 (they are so too skinny..so I had to size up 2)

Mine are rigid, so they WOULD fade after a while..but that could take some time prbly... usually they are like 80€ got them for 50€ still quite a lot :/

denim is really bad but the fit is nice

(sry for the bad cell-cam):

dsc00366zw9.jpg

hey z ace, i have the same s yours bought in Fance...they are the Real Thing ones right ? Waxed and already distressed ? Sorry but they are not the raw ones and I doubt they will fade any. I went true to size, were mad skinny but after a while just stretched perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted pictures in this thread about 2 months ago. I just washed again and here are some more pics. Sorry again for the shitty webcam pics.

I'm surprised with how well these have turned out but I'm about to move on to a pair of Skulls I think.

After 2nd wash, air dried, not worn after wash yet (no creases):

Picture21.jpg

Picture22.jpg

Picture23.jpg

Picture24.jpg

Picture25.jpg

After wearing a few times, with creases:

Picture66.jpg