Thoughts on Levis 511?

barnstormer

These stretch like mad in my experience. I'd definitely get as snug a fit as possible, don't wash/soak, and let them stretch out for 3-6 months. After I washed they tightened up again, but after wearing for a day or two stretch out again.

cool, thanks. hopefully i'll pick em up tonight :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning on getting 31x34. I'm actually getting these to fit looser than my other jeans. I have 31's in April 77's and need something looser and to beat up at work.

Anywhere else has them cheaper than $36 at Macys?

discounted store like ross sell them less than $20, and sometimes urban outfitter has it for half price

• 4 weeks later...

i tried on a pair of the 1966 super skinny reissues the other day at the levis store in chicago. the fit was very similar to the 511 but with a slightly higher rise and the old orange tab/thread. they were more rigid than the soft 511's but a bit softer than raw. almost like a 1 wash. they only had a few sized left when i was thier.

only two sizes left here http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3150590&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3146919

they also had these metallic brown jawns that were more interesting in person.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3164274&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3146919

i tried on a pair of the 1966 super skinny reissues the other day at the levis store in chicago. the fit was very similar to the 511 but with a slightly higher rise and the old orange tab/thread. they were more rigid than the soft 511's but a bit softer than raw. almost like a 1 wash. they only had a few sized left when i was thier.

only two sizes left here http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3150590&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3146919

they also had these metallic brown jawns that were more interesting in person.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3164274&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3146919

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Macy's and got a pair of what I think are the rigid 511s.

They had a weird thing stitched on the back of the waist like this picture. It says Levi's in block letters.

currike2cb0.jpg

The back thing looked like the one in this picture. It was just brown and did not show the cut or sizing as a lot of other Levi's do.

%5Dcreck2mw0.jpg

Did I get the pair that I wanted? I'm pretty sure it's one-wash denim or something. Because along with it came a little tag that said to wash it as little as possible to preserve the dark dye. And to dry clean if needed. The jeans themselves are pretty dark and some of the indigo has bled onto one of my white t shirts. So is my pair legit?

Did I get the pair that I wanted? I'm pretty sure it's one-wash denim or something. Because along with it came a little tag that said to wash it as little as possible to preserve the dark dye. And to dry clean if needed. The jeans themselves are pretty dark and some of the indigo has bled onto one of my white t shirts. So is my pair legit?

Yeah, they're legit. Levi's came out with a new waistband tag design fairly recently, that's all. They also updated the leather-like patches on some models to look more like leather and less like paper.

I went to Macy's and got a pair of what I think are the rigid 511s.

They had a weird thing stitched on the back of the waist like this picture. It says Levi's in block letters.

currike2cb0.jpg

The back thing looked like the one in this picture. It was just brown and did not show the cut or sizing as a lot of other Levi's do.

%5Dcreck2mw0.jpg

The top one is not the rigid 511 or the one wash either.

The rigid 511 is one wash, but the top one look it has been wash multiple times already.

The rigid 511 i bought before has no fading at all.

by they way, the one that is in urban outfitter are leather patches

Wow those are nice.

I think I kind of messed up here guys. I used a seam ripper to cut off the "leather" patch on the back of the waist line. It looks great now, from afar. However, upon closer inspection, you can see tiny holes where the thread that held in the patch once was. Like, if you held up the jeans in light, you would be able to see exactly where the thread holes are (I'm just trying to give you guys a relative size). Anyone have any solution to making the fabric expand or something?