the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

okay now i am seriously perplexed. so every "ramen" shop you go into in korea, and i mean a fuckin restaurant, uses oil/lard preserved base noodles? that can't be true.

They do have several dishes here that use blocks of instant ramen, budaejjigae for example. The whole concept of that dish is complete peasantry. Koreans hate food.

They do have several dishes here that use blocks of instant ramen, budaejjigae for example. The whole concept of that dish is complete peasantry. Koreans hate food.

nah i don't dispute this fact. what i am sayin is that there are obviously places in korea that cook raw noodle in front of you. whether that is considered peasant status or not i cannot say because i am not korean or have ever lived in korea. shimae whateves is saying that "ramen" as in the word means instant noodles. this is obviously totally inaccurate.

the original debate put forth to me implied that curry and ramen ARE peasant foods. we weren't talkin about what these cuisines were historically, but about how they are considered today in this age. there are actually ramen and curry places that cost more than a pair of fuckin nudies. now that's not much for the temple of jawns or the axis powers, but that shit is NOT peasant status.

There is 'fresh' ramen in Korea too, Korean American concepts of Korean food are not representative of real Korean food so that nigga probably doesn't know. It's a ripoff of Japanese ramen with spicy broth instead.

I agree that Ramen and Curry aren't true peasant status foods. I didn't know there were baller status versions though, and I will try some next time. $100 ramen ain't no thang to me. The Temple of Jawnz buys $750 strippers. I am more accustomed though, to level 10 and one kilo of rice (ordering curry for winq)

A man wants to build a rectangular enclosure for his herd. He only has $900 to spend on the fence and wants the largest size for his money. He plans to build the pen along the river on his property, so he does not have to put a fence on that side. The side of the fence parallel to the fence will cost $5 per foot to build, whereas the sides perpendicular to the river will cost $3 per foot. What dimensions should he choose?

the perimeter of the fence is l+2w. the parallel side has cost $5 per foot so we have 5l. the perp sides to the river have cost $3 per foot, so we have 3*2w.

the cost is then 5l+6w=900...........[1]

area is l*w...........[2]

solve [1] for, say, l:

l=(900-6w)/5

sub into [2] and simplify:

180w-((6w^2)/5)

differentiate and get: 180-(12w/5)

set to 0 and solve for w and get w=75

plug this back into the equation above and we find l=90

so, his dimensions are 90 by 75.

the perimeter of the fence is l+2w. the parallel side has cost $5 per foot so we have 5l. the perp sides to the river have cost $3 per foot, so we have 3*2w.

solve [1] for, say, l:

l=(900-6w)/5

180w-((6w^2)/5)

jesus christ how do you know this shit

alsoLOL @ "maths" ... one of my favorite short abbrevs. it just sounds so damn quirk, so definitively British in its construction.

solve [1] for, say, l:

l=(900-6w)/5

180w-((6w^2)/5)

:oi understood that:(

Quoted from Chinese New Years: Time to Kop? thread.

In china relationships don't mean shit. It's all about the generational respect and we just got no need for traditions involving man/woman bonds.

If anything CNY = the one weekend you pretend that you don't have/want a young ass mistress and your wife pretends she's not miserable raising your kid to get into a good high school while the in laws trash each other over money.

I've heard things like this before about marriages in Chinese and Japan and I'd like to know more so I figured why not hit the "ask an asian" thread.

Please elaborate on the mysteries of Asian marriages. How common is it for the husband to have a mistress? How common is it for the wife to have a mistress?

Quoted from Chinese New Years: Time to Kop? thread.

I've heard things like this before about marriages in Chinese and Japan and I'd like to know more so I figured why not hit the "ask an asian" thread.

Please elaborate on the mysteries of Asian marriages. How common is it for the husband to have a mistress? How common is it for the wife to have a mistress?

LOL 10char

LOL at the use of the word mistress for the wife? "There is no specific word in English for a "male mistress", a man in the same relationship to a woman as a mistress is to a man, except for the more general term "lover", which does not carry the same implications." wikipedia Mistress (lover)

How common are arranged marriages today?

LOL at the use of the word mistress for the wife? "There is no specific word in English for a "male mistress", a man in the same relationship to a woman as a mistress is to a man, except for the more general term "lover", which does not carry the same implications." wikipedia Mistress (lover)

How common are arranged marriages today?

okay braniac, if you wanna get technical about shit, how many "traditional asian marriages" that you imply or are inquiring about use english?

no mysteries really.

just some awkward sex til she pops out a couple, and then 40 or 50 years of silence.

Why awkward? Why get married? Arranged marriage?

okay braniac, if you wanna get technical about shit, how many "traditional asian marriages" that you imply or are inquiring about use english?

LOL the thread is in English... damn, I'm just trying to "ask an asian". Elaborate. ;)

Why awkward? Why get married? Arranged marriage?

LOL the thread is in English... damn, I'm just trying to "ask an asian". Elaborate. ;)

it all depends on what you mean by "traditional." there are different asian ethnicities with different marriage rites as well. wtf is your question again?

lastly it don't really mean shit about what you looked up in the dictionary or wiki or where ever the fuck. how many people besides yourself say "mistress" for a married woman's boy toy??

it all depends on what you mean by "traditional." there are different asian ethnicities with different marriage rites as well. wtf is your question again?

Yes, I understand that... explain those that you understand. Questions are scattered above. All of this is just to work out little comments like the one salaryman just made. Thanks