uniqlo, pbj, etc.

ta3ng

where do they sell brands like uniqlo, visvim, pbj, and other brands like that? i live in LA/OC, and i was wondering if there were any stores that carry em? or, what are the websites that you can get stuff off of? i looked at the website list and loooked through a good amount of them, but didn't see that much stuff i like. can anybody just give me the cliff notes version of that list, with some of the "top" sites ?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27&vmcchk=1

http://www.contextclothing.com/

http://www.selfedge.com (they can do phone orders, great people)

2000db (superfuture member that purchases items from japanese sites for members)

we live in la, which is like superfuture-esque fashion black hole. if you want to run around with morphine generation and true religions, this is the perfect place. not so perfect for japanese denim and brands though. the closest good store would probably be in san francisco (self edge). i also heard things about the store carve in the oc but have never personally been. i hear they have japanese clothing, but what kind of inventory? no idea.

hollaforadolla, there is a whole section of the rack dedicated to Visvim in Union. You crazy guy....

Visvim is next to the window, bottom floor.

Also, American Rag sells Edwins and Evisus. They probably also sell some made in Japan Levi's too.

yeah actually i've been to all those places. hmm gotta check out union again, guess i didn't notice the visvim. if carve is that new store attached to blends in oc, then i've been there. either way, that store attached to blends is pretty cool. its super small but they carry like apc, idiom, some mj vans, and those commes de garoness (spelling?) wallets

Union usually has a few Visvim styles, undefeated just got some of the new spring styles, and has about four styles to choose from in a couple colors each.

American Rag carries a crappy selection of Edwin, a decent selection of crappy evisu, and Nudie. They also have a few styles of LVC, not japanese, but somewhat applicable to the super-shopper. They also have Julian Red, which was a nice surprise

Chucks Vintage on melrose is exploring the possibility of bringing in SugarCane. I've been talking to Madeline, the owner for a while now, trying to talk her into it. If you live in LA and want a local sugarcane retailer, call the store and tell her!!

Sal Barbier's shop, SLB on Fairfax, is working on getting either a Sugarcane account or a Buzz Rickson account....stay tuned

Baracuda on melrose sells Hysteric Glamour jeans.

I think thats most of the japanese stuff around thats of any merit.....

-Bill