Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

guetta's a house dude right? never heard one of his tracks until now.

justice mixed this in a recent set, it's pretty fucking hard

2ManyDJ's crushed that song SO hard at creamfields in like june. Pretty excellent.

It's old but the boys noize remix of Move My Body is just so out of control. I played that last night and we went nuts.

Does anyone have links to the I Love Techno 2008 sets?

PS is anyone going to soulwaxmas in rotterdam?

2ManyDJ's crushed that song SO hard at creamfields in like june. Pretty excellent.

It's old but the boys noize remix of Move My Body is just so out of control. I played that last night and we went nuts.

Does anyone have links to the I Love Techno 2008 sets?

PS is anyone going to soulwaxmas in rotterdam?

Quoted for truth. Are you going?

^speaking of, anybody else been downloading leaked tracks from the justice live album? i barely remember hearing any of this when i saw them in september. most of my audio recollection consists of MERRRRWWRRR GRAHHHHHHWWWMMM GRRRRRMMMM DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO GRAHRMMMMMGH.

san diego. im getting a crate worth of hip hop dance songs from my du' who spins that sort of stuff. if i end up doing it ill probably just keep them running with some half-assed transitions then mix in something good when i get really bored, see how everyone reacts.

yeah SD is wack sometimes

which club would it be at? I'd be down to check it out and bring some bitches

^speaking of, anybody else been downloading leaked tracks from the justice live album? i barely remember hearing any of this when i saw them in september. most of my audio recollection consists of MERRRRWWRRR GRAHHHHHHWWWMMM GRRRRRMMMM DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO, DISCO GRAHRMMMMMGH.

It sounds to me like they've started using Ableton (did they before? maybe it just wasn't as obvious) - basically doing the whole Daft Punk thing of breaking their songs down to samples and then re-mixing them live. It works pretty well by the sounds of it - I might consider seeing them again if they're in the area and it's not too expensive.

It sounds to me like they've started using Ableton (did they before? maybe it just wasn't as obvious) - basically doing the whole Daft Punk thing of breaking their songs down to samples and then re-mixing them live. It works pretty well by the sounds of it - I might consider seeing them again if they're in the area and it's not too expensive.

Ableton is the future!

yeah, more like, FABleton! right guys? what's the learning curve on it? i've been interested in checking it out.

fucking immense. I've worked with a bunch of different video editing programs with the standard timeline view and I can't figure out ableton to save my life. Looking forward to getting Logic though

fucking immense. I've worked with a bunch of different video editing programs with the standard timeline view and I can't figure out ableton to save my life. Looking forward to getting Logic though

Yeah. I've been messing with ableton for a few months and still my sets consist of basic looping and crossfading. There are A LOT of resources for it though, as in, not only the ableton forums, but there's a DJing with ableton specific forum that's huge, plus lots and lots of DVD's and online "academies".