Electronica Genre

drapygo

Guest doubletap

hardcore is not for softies. sometimes you need hard industrial beats.

my friend listens to terror, now that shit's hard.

happyhardcore imo sucks though. its a totally different genre and scene.

Guest doubletap
doubletap, who/what would be a typifier of the terror wing of electronica? Would it be like some threatening Al Jourgensen Ministry-type shit?

I just got Amon Tobin's new disc- Foley Room. It has to be shortlisted for best disc of the year. The man is a trailblazer.

no way, terror is still considered dance music and it still revolves around turntables and big parties. check out dj akira, dj droks for more info.

here's a good example of what hardcore is... terror is just a harder version of that.

oh and drapygo, the hardcore(gabber) you posted is not a real good example of what the genre is. hardcore has to be DARK, not all upbeat and shit with little anime girls. if you're intrested pm me and i can give you more info.

yeah gabber and hardstyle/jumpstyle has so much more meaning

I'm not a fan of gabber or hardstyle, but tell me how it has less "meaning" than hrvatski, squarepusher, or venetian snares? Meaning = More Max/MSP filters?

Yes, IDM is a masturbatory label because it creates a intellectual false dichotomy. IDM = everything else is stupid? :confused: Don't get me wrong, I do like quite a lot of what is called IDM (autechre 4 lif) but I still think it's a stupid label.

electronic music isn't about shit it's about enjoying yourself and the music..

Which is my point.... You're the one who brought up IDM in the first place <3

I'm not a fan of gabber or hardstyle, but tell me how it has less "meaning" than hrvatski, squarepusher, or venetian snares? Meaning = More Max/MSP filters?

Yes, IDM is a masturbatory label because it creates a intellectual false dichotomy. IDM = everything else is stupid? :confused: Don't get me wrong, I do like quite a lot of what is called IDM (autechre 4 lif) but I still think it's a stupid label.

Which is my point.... You're the one who brought up IDM in the first place <3

idm is just a bloody genre get over it if you think its pretentious then get pissed at the person who coined the friggen term. hrtvatski, squarepusher, and venetian snares arent to my liking like i said before i like minimal idm like the stuff in these videos.

GPgvjoBU_jI

mLProVShPnQ