Can anyone find me this scarf?

jeffz0rs

^^^ I've even seen a few people wearing them on my campus, and my school is tiny, uncool and ugly (Occidental College).

everyone in NYC is wearing them..... I use to get them back in the day at House of Nubien on 8ths street (RIP) You can get them from any vendor on St. Marks street. But I must admit Urban Outfitters has the dope colors.... Bright blue and a killer dark red... (they are played though)

Emaze, do they have those in Purple at Urban or on St Marks?

Don't think I ever saw them in purple.... most def ebay it, or check urban's website. I know they had the standard white with blk, a dark red, bright blue, and the olive green with blk, also the white with red.....

edit: St. Marks only have the standard colors.... white & blk, olive green & blk, white & red...

yeah, but it's kind of moot the way they're being worn now. people tend to associate them with palestinian sympathies (i think they're standard palestinian desert wear).

i think (personally) that there are enough people wearing them for no reason other than fashion that the associations are kind of losing importance.

Yea...my boy is muslim and half-Paki...it's safe to say that he's pretty much disgusted at how white hipsters and the rest of the trendy soho'ians have tried to adapt the Kafiya (sp?) into their party outfit... I've had a black and white one for years and have rocked it when scarf-weather would hit... he doesn't get mad at my non-muslim, non-mid east self because it's not an act of cornballishness when I do it.

As a muslim, I don't see any reason why anyone would find that offensive. The apparel isn't religious, it's a cultural thing, and we adapt several other culture's styles and we make it into our own. I think your friend has a bit of growing up to do.

Yea...my boy is muslim and half-Paki...it's safe to say that he's pretty much disgusted at how white hipsters and the rest of the trendy soho'ians have tried to adapt the Kafiya (sp?) into their party outfit... I've had a black and white one for years and have rocked it when scarf-weather would hit... he doesn't get mad at my non-muslim, non-mid east self because it's not an act of cornballishness when I do it.

and how do you know everyone else is wearing it in a "cornballish" way? its a scarf, its winter, they are available everywhere, and they look good. fashion has always been about co opting disparate elements and influences in new ways. besides its not a religious symbol and neither is it exclusive to one culture or group. its not like everyone is rocking yamukas or roman catholic collars.(yet)

i agree with fg0d, grow up.

These really aren't bound to any culture. Cambodians, Europeans, Middle Eastern people, EVERYONE has a version of this scarf, the prints are different. They are in NO way a symbol of religion or culture. It's a very international thing, not bound just to Middle Eastern people....