Imperial Denim News

kiya

Here's some news regarding Imperial which you all might be interested in.. For those that don't know about Imperial, they make jeans out of Japanese Selvedge, but the denim is cut and sewn in Australia in a old denim assembling plant that used to be run by Levi's many years ago.

here's the news..

-Imperial has changed their leather patches. They no longer display a pair of jeans, it's an illustration of the planet Earth, with Australia facing towards the front. Very cool looking...

-They are adding two new cuts. The first cut is their first truly unisex cut which is going to be a more traditional cut that is slim/straight (not as slim as the Duke). The second cut is going to be what they're describing as a pre-50's "farmer" cut. Look for the first unisex one to be released in a couple of months..

-All rear pockets on Imperial jeans on sizes BELOW 33 will now be smaller by 1.5cm on ALL sides, you'll start seeing these roll out in about four weeks or so

That's it for now...

Cool news, will be interesting to see the new cuts, especially the "farmer"' one. Sounds kinda cool.

BTW, received my dukes from you guys today and I'm loving them!

Ah ya! I received mine yesterday and I love them. Babys are tight, but I am working on stretching them right now.

Kiya, any idea if they will be increasing the prices on the newer pairs?

Prices will not be increasing with the upcoming changes, and the new styles will most probably stay at the current price level.

They don't want me showing the leather patch off, they want it to be released once the pairs are made and sent out.

:)

At first i thought the pockets were too big. When i finally gave in and bought a pair i started liking the large pockets alot. I can't picture a pair of imperials with smaller pockets, the ones right now are perfect imo.

Can't wait for the pics of the leather patch to be released!

will the larger pockets still be available at all on smaller cuts? I think the oversive pockets were what really make the imperials stand out in the crowd. imho

No.. all sizes below 33 will now have slightly smaller pockets.

Sizes 34 and 36 will keep the current size pockets.

kiya, any imperials available currently ?

Hellz yes.

we've got both the cuts in both black and blue in our store and our online store..

http://www.selfedge.com

So they discontinue making Dukes and Kings?

No, not at all..

did you see that written somewhere?

they're not stopping production on anything at all...

seet the new "unisex" style sounds cool as does the new patch, been thinking about picking up a pair of black imperials- i assume the new sizes are going to come in black as well?

Yes, Imperial is going to continue making every new cut they're putting out in blue and black selvedge denim.

I'm confused - I thought Imperials were sanforised and therefore didn't shrink much but on the online store it says :

These jeans are made of raw denim, when washed, the denim will always shrink between 1.5" to 3" in length (inseam) and between 1" and 1.5" in waist size

That is merely a disclaimer we place on every product page for a pair of jeans that is totally raw.

:)

so wait, is the new patch the two soldiers on horses pulling apart earth? or just earth?

Imagine the old/current patch, but replace the jeans with an image of Earth.

hey kiya

so that batch of dukes that you have on the site, are they still the originals? (illegal patch + humungo back pockets)

Yup, illegal patch and normal/large back pockets.

new changes aren't going into effect for another four weeks or so.