Viktor Jeans (Bespoke from the Philippines)

jubei

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of them being worn:

CIMG1499.jpg

CIMG1500.jpg

You have to realize that the fit and look of the jeans are completely up to you, hence the difference between mine and the one posted by jubei. Which is why Viktor (i mean completely bespoke Viktor, where your legs themselves are measured) would be great for the people on this board, but not so great for the general consumer public. Tacky taste = tacky jeans, all there is to it.

All in all i'm pretty happy with how mine came out, and I think the price I paid was fair. I don't know when the current prices were jacked up to P5800, but I think it might have something to do with the expectedly high rent of his store, and probably in order to compete with the previously mentioned 'premium' denim out there, Citizens, TR, Seven, Diesel, etc., blegh.

I'm still at a loss to figure out what better jeans you'll get for $120.

APC NS? Are you seriously saying you'd sooner play a fit lottery with non-bespoke and uber-stretch denim than get 100% cotton tailored to your exact specifications?

At $160, that's a different matter, seeing as Ande Whall is pretty much semi-bespoke with the 160 different fit combinations :)

I'm still at a loss to figure out what better jeans you'll get for $120.

APC NS? Are you seriously saying you'd sooner play a fit lottery with non-bespoke and uber-stretch denim than get 100% cotton tailored to your exact specifications?

At $160, that's a different matter, seeing as Ande Whall is pretty much semi-bespoke with the 160 different fit combinations :)

for guys from other countries like in the US or from Europe, $120 is only a small amount of change but for most of us pinoys, $120 can be too much for a pair of jeans...

^i believe he's talking about the general public. even with the rise in the popularity of so-called "premium" denim like seven or TRs, probably only one out of ten Filipinos would be willing to spend so much on a pair of denim, maybe even less than one. but again this is all based on what I've observed/experienced, so this is probably all baseless statistics lol

^i believe he's talking about the general public. even with the rise in the popularity of so-called "premium" denim like seven or TRs, probably only one out of ten Filipinos would be willing to spend so much on a pair of denim, maybe even less than one. but again this is all based on what I've observed/experienced, so this is probably all baseless statistics lol

Premium denim makes up about 2% or so of the market. Most people in the US buy $30 501s. You may as well complain about any other bespoke or premium label on the grounds that they don't have mass market appeal...

Premium denim makes up about 2% or so of the market. Most people in the US buy $30 501s. You may as well complain about any other bespoke or premium label on the grounds that they don't have mass market appeal...

Not really complaining but point taken. I'm just saying that the statement of rocker4life doesn't really represent the general population.

I guess most of the people on Sufu are blessed in the sense that we don't have to worry about our next meal. Anyway I'm going off topic here, back to Viktor's.

not sure about that one..but $120 is a normal buy for me and i'm filipino and currently living in the philippines

EDITED:

yes... there are some who has that kind of money just for a pair of jeans. and A LOT others who works their asses off for even lesser money in a month than a pair of new levi's 501 jeans. i may be able to buy jeans that are priced $120 a pair.. but unfortunately, there are a lot others who starves to death coz they only earn $2 a day.

aw man, no need to start shooting off generalizations like that. i don't think he didn't mean anything bad with his statement, it might've come out wrong but this is the internet, things get misinterpreted easily.

:D

I believe the $120 (ie P5000+) Viktors are the 'high-end' models of the line. High-end meaning all the bells and whistles like jubei's pair, with the leather V and the twotone backpocket stitching. So it's safe to assume that the more you deviate from the basic, the more expensive it gets. And I think it's safe to say that most people on this forum aren't really fans of the Diesel school of crazy pockets and stitching.

I would suggest making that appointment with Ino though, so he can really measure you and you get what you want. What that basically involved was bringing in a pair of jeans I owned that fit me the best, and he made adjustments from there, slimming the leg or lowering that rise or what have you. He writes the measurements down and that's it. For those who are interested in getting a pair, I suggest you go for it, but stick with the basics. But if all them leather patches and rivets and stuff make your eyes twinkle, hell go for those too. They are your jeans remember.

And to the guys who aren't interested, I suggest you take a look at his store anyway. The staff are friendly enough but it seems like they know jack shit about denim, but they'll let you look through swatch books and that can be fun. and rocker4life mentioned selvage denim, which sounds really interesting especially if it's really from a Japanese factory and not some random ass place that just happened to have an old loom hanging around. Shuttle loom + shit cotton yarn = shit selvage denim.

Yes it's cheaper to buy fabric in Divisoria and just have a tailor make you a pair, but quality suffers. Unless your tailor has an industrial machine that can chainstitch and sew bartacks, you won't even get close. I know, I tried this. I bought cheap denim and went to a random tailor. Total cost P450 ($9). Goddamn it's a shitty pair, but it was 9 bucks. You get what you pay for. This guy could do neither chainstitch nor could his machine do buttonholes. So I have a pair of jeans with hand-sewn buttonholes and bartacks. And hammered in rivets. No joke.

great fit... where have you bought those MJ Vans? i've been looking for them for the longest time now.

That guy that was selling on ebay, copped them for $60, shipped to my sister who went home for the holidays.

man but for me i would rather get a pair of APC jeans at homme et femme for around 6500 pesos (130 us dollars) tahn get a apir of that bespoke shit viktor cause watever you say apc will be apc and known french brand while viktor will always be viktor with a "k" cause of being a really tacky filipino who wants to stand out thats why the "k" on the viktor... imo its not worth it at all be it bespoke or not cause i can get a tailor here and buy the most expensive denim cloth anywhere in the world and the fil tailor would on charge me 500 pesos for labor on this so called bespoke denim...

majikero - i'd like to see the pics. :)

i'm not sure why there is this anti-Viktor sentiment; if you don't like it, don't buy it! i don't like nudies at all, and their prices at full retail are completely ridiculous, but i don't go around bashing nudies into the ground.

like what i said in my previous posts sir TIP, im not hating them, unlike other posters here ;) . hell, i really applaud the makers of Viktor coz they're trying to build great looking jeans here in the PI. the only thing i dont like is the over priceing... its just not enough for me. but, if it works for others, who am i to tell them to trash something they love.

i hate them.. i wan tto trahs them.. but again its just me.. some guys here are really that filipino cause of them being diplomatic and shit its either your black or white boy no grey here.. stop being diplomatic and winning peoples heart i hate viktor period and again its just me

man but for me i would rather get a pair of APC jeans at homme et femme for around 6500 pesos (130 us dollars) tahn get a apir of that bespoke shit viktor cause watever you say apc will be apc and known french brand while viktor will always be viktor with a "k" cause of being a really tacky filipino who wants to stand out thats why the "k" on the viktor... imo its not worth it at all be it bespoke or not cause i can get a tailor here and buy the most expensive denim cloth anywhere in the world and the fil tailor would on charge me 500 pesos for labor on this so called bespoke denim...

that is exactly what i did i bought a pair of APC NS for php7240 and i was happy with it. same goes with my viktors