J.Lindeberg F/W '07-'08

Analog

00010mwu3.jpg00190mlz7.jpg00260mae2.jpg00290mwa1.jpg00340mov0.jpg00440msi2.jpg00420mdb4.jpg00520mzh6.jpg

"Today's collection marked both the tenth anniversary of Johan Lindeberg's brand and a creative departure for the designer. He declared his ambition to bring his signature line to "a new level of luxury and personal expression," and it turned out that wasn't just marketing speak. Gone from the runway were his skinny jeans and updated athletic wear (they'll continue to fulfill a lucrative role at diffusion level). In their place was an unexpected play with proportion and volume."

— Dirk Standen

Say what you will about this past collections, but I honestly really like this collection. Although its a mash of YY, Ann D., Costume National, etc. it feels more cohesive compared to Neil Barrett and his play with volume both in knits and pants is refreshing. I don't think J. Lindenberg is out to change the world and make a bold statement but rather aims to get away from the staid stereotype from his logoed Diesel days. I look forward to seeing the pieces up close.

Say what you will about this past collections, but I honestly really like this collection. Although its a mash of YY, Ann D., Costume National, etc. it feels more cohesive compared to Neil Barrett and his play with volume both in knits and pants is refreshing. I don't think J. Lindenberg is out to change the world and make a bold statement but rather aims to get away from the staid stereotype from his logoed Diesel days. I look forward to seeing the pieces up close.
Me too. Sure it's somewhat derivative, and definitely borrowing some ideas from other designers, but it is a very cohesive collection, as you said, and a lot of the outfits just plain look great. I'm surprised how far JL has come from the logo belts of yore.....

It's very strange, this collection. On one hand, as mentioned it's incredibly derivative and it's J. Lindeberg, on the other hand, there are some really incredible outfits. It's not pushing any boundaries artistically or otherwise, but just some really well-done looks. I've never looked at the price point for the main line, how's it looking?

When I first looked at this show last week I thought, this is really cool, derivitive yes, but cool. Some was very YY some very costume but I liked it. couple of days went by and went back and looked through and thought, I wouldn't really wear half this stuff, why do I like it? And I think it the answer is it was just a good show, styled well, great casting and cool hair. and now going back through it once more I really like these 2 looks.

Jl1.jpgSo simple but I really like it, awesome jacket.

Jl2.jpgAnd I have to have this trench. It's exactly what I'm looking for: perfect length, color, collar, sans belt etc. Anyone know of anything like this I can get my hands on now ( or perhaps the perfect trench deserves a thread of its own) ?

edit: Perfect Trench thread started.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=21628

All over the map, (let's add Cloak FW 2003 (outerwear) and Varvatos FW2001 (proportions) to the mix.) Still, a lot of it looks well detailed and well cut, and if the pricepoint stays about the same as it's been, pretty reasonable, especially come sale time. I've always disliked Lindeberg's stuff - either over logoed or overly Euro-aggressive (hardware out the wazoo), or both - but this collection is at least decent.

Am I the only one who liked his last collection as well? I remember talking to Kow about this being Lindeberg's breakout year, but I thought his S/S 07 was also very strong with an overall aesthetic that I strive to integrate on a daily basis.

• 10 months later...
It's very strange, this collection. On one hand, as mentioned it's incredibly derivative and it's J. Lindeberg, on the other hand, there are some really incredible outfits. It's not pushing any boundaries artistically or otherwise, but just some really well-done looks. I've never looked at the price point for the main line, how's it looking?

This, my only other real reservation is quality, the j.l stuff i've handled in the past has been exactly as its pitched "midmarket". I would prefer to wait for the original designers whom this is derived from to come on sale and get much nicer pieces upclose? also, while there looks alot of nice stuff up there, when i looked for this online the kind of thing which i get is: http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/J.Lindeberg.jsp?d=Mens&s=Brand&c=J.+Lindeberg&sc=&sortBy=price&filterBy=&viewNum=994&pageNum=1&preload=false&isPopupEnabled=true&isStickyEnabled=true&prefChanged=true which is just classic staple eurotrash

This, my only other real reservation is quality, the j.l stuff i've handled in the past has been exactly as its pitched "midmarket". I would prefer to wait for the original designers whom this is derived from to come on sale and get much nicer pieces upclose? also, while there looks alot of nice stuff up there, when i looked for this online the kind of thing which i get is: http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/J.Lindeberg.jsp?d=Mens&s=Brand&c=J.+Lindeberg&sc=&sortBy=price&filterBy=&viewNum=994&pageNum=1&preload=false&isPopupEnabled=true&isStickyEnabled=true&prefChanged=true which is just classic staple eurotrash

i also think the range of the line is very big, because yes you look at that website and you see lots of euro trash looking pieces, then you look at

http://www.tobi.com/men/home/shop-by-brand/41-j-lindeberg

and you only see basic pieces that are well cut..

I esp like the cut of all their dress pants..

Sure you could look for the higher end brands on sale to match j. lindebergs price point, and get better quality...

but J. Lindeberg on sale i find to be a pretty good deal, all of those dress pants around $100 gives you a really great fit, and decent quality for the price.

Yes, since making that post almost a full year ago I've come to realize that apparently J. Lindebergy or however it's spelled only bothers producing crap, aside from a few extremely overpriced and fairly dissapointing pieces of outerwear.

Yes, since making that post almost a full year ago I've come to realize that apparently J. Lindebergy or however it's spelled only bothers producing crap, aside from a few extremely overpriced and fairly dissapointing pieces of outerwear.

I went to the big sample sale few weeks ago and they had some nice stuff. It was a field day for people who wear vests and cardigans but I saw great slim black pants made with some techno fabric. Great windbreakers/rain jackets unfortunately only in light colors. I was really impressed with most of the pants and the construction was good for the sale price. I didn't get shit cause my fat thighs wouldn't fit in many pants but I'm definitely going to check him out again.