Shopping In Tokyo (streetwear, sneakers, designer, cool stores in general)

ginodc

Hey guys,

Im new to superfuture. And im headed to Tokyo in a couple days. Since all of you know your shizzy, I was wondering if anyone could give me any information, suggestions on the streetwear, sneaker, fashion shops that are a must see in tokyo! It would really help me alot! dont wanna miss out, since im only going to be there for a week..Thanks guys! :)

Gino

If you are looking for sneaks, I highly suggest you go to Ueno. It has this whole down town LA vibe and there are all these bazaars and stuff, but head into random places and you are sure to find awesome sneaker shops. If you can find him, look for Mars One. He sells all these rare, used shoes ("used" in Japanese means being worn once) for great prices. There are also two Mita Sneaker locations, which is one of the more famous Japanese spots (one is ground level, one is on the 3rd floor of some mall-thingy). There are also, like 5 ABC Marts there. If you get hungry, you can hit up one of the Middle Eastern dudes selling gyros (not recommended). Also in Ueno there is a huge department store called "Mauri" but the sign is a giant "UIUI" or something like that. It's kinda cool.

Good luck in Harajuku...everything is hidden. Just remember that Real Mad Hectic is underground, under the Gravis Store, Stussy is in some back alley, and Bounty Hunter looks like some apartment. You should check out Heat Wave too, I believe they have like 4 or 5 locations around Harajuku. Its the equivilent to the State's Buffalo Exchange, where they buy/sell/trade but stock NHBD, number nine, bape, yadda yadda.

Hope that helps. I'm trying to think of more things, but I'm drawing a blank.

Also in Ueno there is a huge department store called "Mauri" but the sign is a giant "UIUI" or something like that. It's kinda cool.

marui...OIOI

for department stores i would just go to shinjuku bc there's a ton of them (marui as well as marui men's (OIMEN); isetan and isetan men's; uniqlo (multiple locations); all the shit at takashimaya times square; comme ca ism; etc etc etc) all close to each other.

there is good shopping all over the place in tokyo... just do a lot of wandering, and maybe look over the superfuture resources if there's specific shit you're interested in. somewhat unrelated but i also found a compass to be very useful in harajuku, especially when trying to re-find places.

comme ca is in no way related to comme des garcons. don't be fooled, guys.

isetan has a really solid selection e.g. NN and undercover but

unless you are balling, you wouldnt be able to afford any of the stuff the store carries.

just hit up select stores like beams, ciaopanic, tokishirazu, and etc...