Pride FC and MMA

Haz

I like him a lot too, his energy and attitude are great. He just doesn't seem to have very polished stand up or submission skills. He didn't seem to eager to try and pass guard at all. With Diaz it was easier for him to overpower and control him in the clinch and on the ground; but a guy like Sanchez, who is bigger and very skilled was able to nullify his wrestling for the most part and just ended up beating him up form the bottom position.

• 3 weeks later...

my predictions (in bold):

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir (via DK hammerfist)

GSP vs. Thiago Alves (via however the fuck he wants)

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago (via UD)

Hendo vs. Bisping (via SD)

Sexyama vs. Belcher (via sexyness)

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar (via Coleman heart attack)

Jon Jones vs. Jake O'brien (via flying knee/TKO)

Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant (via TKO)

Without his punching power there are plenty of submission fighters that would beat Fedor IMO, so his punching power is his main attribute that wins him fights. Take away his submissions and I don't think he loses a standup fight with anyone in his weight class though.

haha...hahahaha

What a great argument... negged

haha well you dont seem to know anything about Fedor or anyone he has faced + you basically say every major MMA site has their top3 PFP lists way wrong + GSP himself (and almost every top fighter in the world) say Fedor is PFP #1 or in the top 3.

Go figure.

haha well you dont seem to know anything about Fedor or anyone he has faced + you basically say every major MMA site has their top3 PFP lists way wrong + GSP himself (and almost every top fighter in the world) say Fedor is PFP #1 or in the top 3.

Go figure.

I've only been following MMA for about 10 years, training BJJ for 8, yeah I know nothing. My arguments are above, whilst yours are "everyone says he is". I like how you qualify it at the end too "or in the top 3", way to have faith that he's PFP #1. Dick.

Not a bad UFC, Sexyama definitely lost his fight, I know people don't like Lesner but he's a huge dude with great wrestling and it's gonna be difficult for ANYONE to beat him at heavyweight. Always liked Dan Henderson and that was a sweeeeeet KO.

I've only been following MMA for about 10 years, training BJJ for 8, yeah I know nothing. My arguments are above, whilst yours are "everyone says he is". I like how you qualify it at the end too "or in the top 3", way to have faith that he's PFP #1. Dick.

Not a bad UFC, Sexyama definitely lost his fight, I know people don't like Lesner but he's a huge dude with great wrestling and it's gonna be difficult for ANYONE to beat him at heavyweight. Always liked Dan Henderson and that was a sweeeeeet KO.

Are you drunk? You had no arguments why he wasnt top 3 PFP. Also, did you just say my argument that he is regarded by a majority of the MMA world (writers and fighters) as top 3 PFP a weak one? Seriously?

So your opinion matter more then top 10 fighters in the world? Because you just said it didnt matter what they said, yet your opinion counted as fact he wasnt top PFP.

Fedor's strenght is his transitions from striking, clinch, takedown, gnp and submissions. Not his striking by itself.

Regarding the 'there are plenty of submission fighters that would beat Fedor' did you by any chance watch his fights agains Big Nog?

Here are som fun facts why Fedor is the king of MMA

- Record 30 - 1 - 0 (that one loss isnt legit but the record will never be changed)

- Finishing 76% of his opponents

- 22 victories in the first round

- 4 victories in the first minute

- 12 victories in the first 2 minutes

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

- Never been knocked down

- Losing ONE round in his entire career.

- Being the fighter that gets hit the least of all top fighters - Machida being 2nd

- Dont cut weight. Smaller then the opponent in almost all of his fights.

That are some of my arguments.

Not a bad UFC, Sexyama definitely lost his fight, I know people don't like Lesner but he's a huge dude with great wrestling and it's gonna be difficult for ANYONE to beat him at heavyweight.

Carwin first round KO...

or Fedor by armbar...

Are you drunk? You had no arguments why he wasnt top 3 PFP. Also, did you just say my argument that he is regarded by a majority of the MMA world (writers and fighters) as top 3 PFP a weak one? Seriously?

So your opinion matter more then top 10 fighters in the world? Because you just said it didnt matter what they said, yet your opinion counted as fact he wasnt top PFP.

Fedor's strenght is his transitions from striking, clinch, takedown, gnp and submissions. Not his striking by itself.

Regarding the 'there are plenty of submission fighters that would beat Fedor' did you by any chance watch his fights agains Big Nog?

Here are som fun facts why Fedor is the king of MMA

- Record 30 - 1 - 0 (that one loss isnt legit but the record will never be changed)

- Finishing 76% of his opponents

- 22 victories in the first round

- 4 victories in the first minute

- 12 victories in the first 2 minutes

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

- Never been knocked down

- Losing ONE round in his entire career.

- Being the fighter that gets hit the least of all top fighters - Machida being 2nd

- Dont cut weight. Smaller then the opponent in almost all of his fights.

That are some of my arguments.

fedor is the greatest period and the best part is he looks like some average dude off the street.

why do people have such a hard time admitting he's the greatest ever and then bring up fighters who have been heel hooked and triangled and others who have gotten armbard and tapped to strikes

fedor is the greatest period and the best part is he looks like some average dude off the street.

him and bj penn always fascinated me in this regard. bj Penn moreso. Fedor looks like a russian hitman fsho

Carwin first round KO...

or Fedor by armbar...

i think what you guys arent getting is that lesnar is only getting BETTER and more dominant in each fight....

carwin wont beat him. Even fedor im unsure about

i think what you guys arent getting is that lesnar is only getting BETTER and more dominant in each fight....

carwin wont beat him. Even fedor im unsure about

carwin prolly has a very slim chance to pull something off only because they're the same size, but there are no real threats for lesnar now in the ufc

i think fedor would wreck him though

after minowaman wins super hulk ufc needs to bring him over to take down lesnar, he would be such an awesome hw champ and he would cause a resurgence of speedos in the octagon

The problem is, Carwin (@ 265) hits so hard, he only needs to get ONE shot in, and it's lights out. He may only have a puncher's chance, but it's a damn good one.

As for Fedor, watch his fight against HMC (7'2, 330 lbs). If Lesnar tries to use his weight against (Fedor), he will likely be submitted in similar fashion.

I like Mir, but he was way overhyped going into the fight, and lacked a solid game plan.

Like I said, Carwin by KO. My predictions are seldom wrong (look 2 pages back).