Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Rampage will get the next title shot if he beats Jardine.

which is kinda bogus, if kjd beats rampage he wouldn't get a shot. i think if chuck beats shogun they will try to hype it up as a huge win and give him a shot too.

i hope kjd ktfo's rampage just to fuck their plans up

after watching machida last night, i have no idea who can take him. hes way too elusive for anyone to beat him.. i thought silva was gonna put up a decent fight against him and hopefully expose some weaknesses of machida.. but no silva just fell into his mind games

bring it on machida vs anderson silva!

No comments on GSP greasing up?! Kind of hard to keep the guard on a dude slathered in vaseline.

one more reason gi's and aoki pants should be allowed in the ufc!

i doubt it would have make that big of a difference, gsp is way to strong and explosive for bj to be able to keep him in closed guard for more than 1 round and even if he was stuck in his guard gsp would still smash his face.

it didnt look like there was that much anyway and the officials wiped him down with towels.

if you want to see a fight where grease really was a factor then go watch saku vs akiyama

A lot of his previous opponents are speaking up about the same thing, some even having said something about it during their matches to the referee and their corners. Not that it would've made a huge difference though, he's a beast. You never know though, BJ may have been able to pull off a sub in those instances when he was working the high guard. It just mars his victory and calls his cornermen into question.

A lot of his previous opponents are speaking up about the same thing, some even having said something about it during their matches to the referee and their corners. Not that it would've made a huge difference though, he's a beast. You never know though, BJ may have been able to pull off a sub in those instances when he was working the high guard. It just mars his victory and calls his cornermen into question.

theyre all just a bunch of bitches, but theyve solved the problem anyway, no more vaseline for the cornermen, so all this grease bs can finally stop

sengoku and dream fwgp's start up next month, i wish i had hdnet

sengoku and dream fwgp's start up next month, i wish i had hdnet

i can't remember which, but at least one of them is going to be available through cable providers soon.

couple of good fights on ufc for free this weekend as well. i'm not too excited about "dirty" sanchez v. stevenson, but nate marquardt and demian maia's fights should be pretty exciting.

i can't remember which, but at least one of them is going to be available through cable providers soon.

couple of good fights on ufc for free this weekend as well. i'm not too excited about "dirty" sanchez v. stevenson, but nate marquardt and demian maia's fights should be pretty exciting.

Ya 95 doesn't look bad, i hope marquardt get ko'd and sonnen gets tapped out and shit josh kosh fights a lot. im looking forward to dos santos vs struve the most though both seem to be pretty solid hw prospects, the fight better go more than 1 round though.

dream is looking awesome though, aoki will win the wwgp

mayhem millers out of retirement too, he better get back over to japan this year though i want to see him in zebra tights in dream again

crocop vs randy at ufc 99 rumor would also be nice if it materializes, hope its true. 2009 is shaping up to be a good year so far

2 du's on their way past their prime....excellent fight indeed:rolleyes:

whats wrong with it?

-neither of them will gas

-they will spend most of the time on their feet

-they are both legends in the sport with their careers coming to an end

-everyone wants to see one last LHK from crocop

Is CroCop even fighting anymore? After he almost lost a testicle fighting Overeem i figured he'd just pack it in and go back to the safe and cozy life of the Anti-Terrorist unit he belonged to.

he has 3 fights on his dream contract and he wants to fight atleast one more time in the ufc. if the ufc 99 fight happens and he wins i think he should just retire after that and leave on a high note or do some more nostalgia fights in dream

sort of off topic, but is there any fight promotion/martial art that is sorta like MMA but no ground pound? for instance:

stand up: strikes, throws, take downs

on the ground: submission wrestling only

?

pankration i think would be the closest thing, its basically just mma without strikes to the face but you only get like 30 secs on the ground then your stood back up.

95 sucked only fight i wanted to see was too short. dam dos santos i hope struve doesn't get cut.

joe daddy is so short

wec 39 is tonight, razor rob better bounce back, he looked good in his fight with cerrone. rest of the card is blah, mtb better beat garcia though i want to see a rematch with him and faber.

96 and dream 7 are this weekend!

demien maia looked awesome against sonnen @ 95, he's a tough fighter and maia tooled him. hopefully he'll get a shot at the title sometime in the near future. i was also happy the they showed pretty much every match and didn't fill time w/ rogan interviewing whoever the fuck has a new show on spike.

96 even though it looks like a good card, it seems like a throwaway. i'm definitely not paying for the ppv. my prediction is the winner of kongo v. hardonk will be the next one to get a shot @ the hw title.

demien maia has some good ground game, but his striking is terrible. im just glad Josh Kosheck got KOed with that akward punch, the hype train had to stop sometime.

maia can just pull guard and beat everyone in mw without striking

the kos fight was stopped way to early he was on his back with his legs and arms up ready to defend before thiago even got there, sucks they dont let fights go anymore

god i hope i have internet in time to watch teh next event, they said that by tomorrow i should have a hook up in my room. im using boosted wireless right now and its not fast enough to steam fights. im actually routing for jardine for this one so lets see

i used to hate jardine cause of his "unorthodox" style. i think its just bad form but he can get away with it. but i watched the countdown last night (which seems to have a much higher production budget now) and he seems like a cool guy.

but i love rampage.

from: http://100percentinjuryrate.blogspot.com/2007/10/best-quotes-of-rampage-jackson.html

Interview with PRIDE announcer Stephen Quadros:

Quadros: "Rampage, where do you see yourself in 2 years?"

Rampage: "Well, right now I'm 23, so in two years, I see myself 25."

"My momma said never trust a catfish with a mustache."

UFC 96 recap:

kendall grove is corny

hamill kicked someone head off

gg got ktfo

kjd lost to rampage in the last 20 seconds

best thing of the whole night was vera acutally looked decent against a bum

overall shitty event and lyoto lost his title shot