Question About These Levis I Got Today

dcrevolution40

Ok so I went to Buffalo Exchange in BK today. These jeans caught my eye, and when I picked them up, I was like ooo wow I think these are some really nice levis. Tried em on, fit mad nice, copped em. 30 BUX! What I am asking is are these the LVC 1947 ones that cost like 200? I know absolutely nothing about levis at all. So I am just wondering, cuz they fit soo nice!

43etxc9.jpg

2ptazag.jpg

definitely look like 47's. You'll look on the top of the white paper tag that wraps around the waistband. Along the skinny edge it'll have 47501 on it.

Keep in mind that these are shrink to fit denim! If you love the fit now, don't ever get them wet.....they'll be significantly smaller afterwards.

Great pick up dc! Def a steal.

Don't mean to deviate too far from the main topic, but are all of the levis "vintage" clothing that are sold in the levis stores now a days actually from way back or are they reproduced versions? How do the different years of 501s differ from each other? I never really understood this and I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me. Seeing as how this is a thread based on vintage 501 I decided to post up here instead of the small questions thread.

Thanks in advance

Great pick up dc! Def a steal.

Don't mean to deviate too far from the main topic, but are all of the levis "vintage" clothing that are sold in the levis stores now a days actually from way back or are they reproduced versions? How do the different years of 501s differ from each other? I never really understood this and I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me. Seeing as how this is a thread based on vintage 501 I decided to post up here instead of the small questions thread.

Thanks in advance

the lvc sold nowadays are repros. as for the differences between 501's, consult the superdenim encyclopedia at the top of this forum... there are a few links to threads about differences.

they are repros... if you have authentic 1947 501's you can soon be a very rich man...

the one thing i know about different years version of 501's is differed especially on the leather patch, which they changed once and a while...

http://www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/501xx-tags.htm

the lvc sold nowadays are repros. as for the differences between 501's, consult the superdenim encyclopedia at the top of this forum... there are a few links to threads about differences.
they are repros... if you have authentic 1947 501's you can soon be a very rich man...

the one thing i know about different years version of 501's is differed especially on the leather patch, which they changed once and a while...

http://www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/501xx-tags.htm

thanks a lot guys...i'll be sure to take more time to read the encyclopedia

of course people go off on autenthicity when somebody cops something at almost a tenth of the normal price... who can blame em..

dc, that cop seems to good to be true though... nice one..