australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

how dressy? If you're gonna use them a lot maybe spend a bit more.. Chronicles of never and friedrich gray stuff should be coming out soon.. I'm pretty sure they'd have some black slim pants

But otherwise..if you're looking for cheap, and have time.. Go op shopping, and find one that is good material and fits good at the waist.. and get them tapered/slimmed at a tailor or a relative/friend who can sew

Tbh it's for work, not a strict dress code but still wish to look the part. Will look out for the CON stuff. Anyone know if Uniqlo has something worth getting?

Also while I'm here what are good alternatives for shirts of Herringbone quality/fit? You guys get your shirts from anyone local?

for quality and fit.. There's a brand called scyrte (pronounced shirt).. I tried it on and fit beautifully. made in sydney from imported italian fabrics, apparently looks just as good wrinkled as ironed. Bad thing is.. Only available at restricted premises in kings cross, and costs about $200 a shirt

for slim fit dress pants, check out the DJs sale atm, might get something good.

Uniqlo Vintage Chinos in Black might be a decent option if you can get someone to buy it for you overseas. I got my mate whos japanese to bring me back one when he went to visit his family there and theyre so sick! for $40.

I don't know about american apparel pants cause I've never tried them, but theyre quality is questionable from what I have experienced (tees, hoodies, trackies)

Herringbone shirts are decent quality, they are not boxy like most aussie brands however theyre not super slim either. I still need to take mine in. Not worth $200 though, so make sure you get them on sale @ the outlet in surry hills: 218 Commonwealth St. New stock arrives about 3 times a year, next one being right after christmas.

shirts generally are 1 for 130, 3 for 360, 5 for 550

I've never heard Code Orange (Cronulla and Miranda) mentioned on Superfuture, what do you guys think of them?

I once went to the miranda store some years back and was just browsing, found sum jeans and tried them on but wernt my size and the guy working there had a real attitude problem and was really rude. Never been there since...

Guest Montreal

I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Currently I am living in Vancouver and I desperately need a change of scenery. I have heard nothing but good things about Sydney, and since it is so similar to Vancouver (in terms of aesthetics), it seems like a natural choice.

I was wondering how much I should be expecting to pay for rent (for a decent place downtown)? Do I need a car in Sydney? What is the economy/job market like? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Part of me just wants to pack a suitcase and move over there ASAP, but the other part of me wants to think this through.

Cheers!

Currently I am living in Vancouver and I desperately need a change of scenery. I have heard nothing but good things about Sydney, and since it is so similar to Vancouver (in terms of aesthetics), it seems like a natural choice.

I was wondering how much I should be expecting to pay for rent (for a decent place downtown)? Do I need a car in Sydney? What is the economy/job market like? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Part of me just wants to pack a suitcase and move over there ASAP, but the other part of me wants to think this through.

Cheers!

do it........

Cheers!

rent: do you want a studio to yourself or share? a studio on the city fringe is upwards from approx $280 p/week - be warned that finding rental properties in sydney is extremely hard at the moment. you could get share accomodation for around $150 p/week or less if you look hard enough.

car: you shouldnt need one unless you want to regularly get out of the city and explore up and down the coast - even then you should be ok with train. i dont have a car and get by quite easily.

job market: hugely dependant on what you're looking for although you will be able to get a casual job very easily to give you an income while you are looking for something full time.