australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

So, fellow sydney superfuturians--

Should I study abroad at University Wollongong or University of New South Wales?

Criteria:

1) Proximity to good surf

2) Decent nightlife

3) Quality of women

What course are you doing? I hope this criteria is after you've decided on which university offers the best course that you're interested in.

Nightlife of unis is not dependant on the uni itself! but rather the city in which you're in. I go to usyd and we party with UTS and UNSW and MACQ all the same. Quality of women?! Go to UTS! Unless u love asians then go to UNSW. But then again you can always meet girls ANYWHERE.

I know Supreme isn't entirely one of those brands that people discuss regularly in the Sydney thread, but an Oxford has caught my attention in the F/W 08 line..anybody know the drop date at Supply? :)

I never know abt the exact dates at Supply but I guess they must say it somewhere in their newsletters, or maybe contact them. I am sure someone here should now. I have mostly avoided supply's supreme drops coz I have heard its quite pricey.

Anyways I ordered the oxford from their website last night, too many jackets and pullovers in this drop, not really helpful as we are moving into spring/summer. I sized up on the oxford and was also able to get a messenger bag too, us$240 all up.

Should I study abroad at University Wollongong or University of New South Wales?

Criteria:

2) Decent nightlife

3) Quality of women

what are you studying? If you live in the city the beach is only a train ride/drive away.. Surfing is not so great though..

Gerringong & Gerroa , Kiama, shell point etc south of Wollongong are pretty epic surfing spots..seven mile beach and that. just tellling ya.

would reccomend the city and weekend drives both up and down the coast for surf adventure.. lotsa great places all along the coast really..

what are you studying?

Business, probably taking a course in marketing, one in international finance, and two music courses to complete a minor.

If you live in the city the beach is only a train ride/drive away.. Surfing is not so great though..

Gerringong & Gerroa , Kiama, shell point etc south of Wollongong are pretty epic surfing spots..seven mile beach and that. just tellling ya.

would reccomend the city and weekend drives both up and down the coast for surf adventure.. lotsa great places all along the coast really..

Thanks for the surf info, I'm not too thrilled about Bondi beach, but the southerly spot Morubra seems to be more to my liking. Unfortunately, I won't have a car...guess I'll have to make friends quick.

Thanks for all the advice guys, and hopefully see some of you in Oz in Mid-February

Business, probably taking a course in marketing, one in international finance, and two music courses to complete a minor.

Thanks for the surf info, I'm not too thrilled about Bondi beach, but the southerly spot Morubra seems to be more to my liking. Unfortunately, I won't have a car...guess I'll have to make friends quick.

Thanks for all the advice guys, and hopefully see some of you in Oz in Mid-February

you will have lots of fun.. pity you are living in Sydney.. but if you like surfing then i guess it does have some beaches.. and of course you don't surf at Bondi..

Bondi is a beach for topless sunbathing, parading around in thong speedos and westies *cough wearing jeans and joggers on the beach.

also a good spot for a kip after a long night out in the city/oxford st.. lol

I never know abt the exact dates at Supply but I guess they must say it somewhere in their newsletters, or maybe contact them. I am sure someone here should now. I have mostly avoided supply's supreme drops coz I have heard its quite pricey.

Anyways I ordered the oxford from their website last night, too many jackets and pullovers in this drop, not really helpful as we are moving into spring/summer. I sized up on the oxford and was also able to get a messenger bag too, us$240 all up.

How'd you manage to get the stuff when you're in Aus? :P

hook me up!

herringbone suits are so nice btw! i was looking at them, made in japan and fully canvased. Bout $1000 though I'm seeing if i can get it on sale.

yeah, its a damn shame that they don't make anything smaller than a 38 :mad:. their shirts are pretty pricey too, about $200 a pop

Plenty of new season arrivals at Our Spot this week.

Nom De Guerre. The Autumn Winter collection is now in store.

Mens shirting, jackets, denim and suits.

United Bamboo. Amazing pieces from the New York based label have

arrived. Combo tuxedo blazer, silk dreses, printed jersey tees and

hand made leather boots.

Kathryn Wilson Footwear. 2 great styles for Spring from the New Zealand

designer. The striped marine flat in navy/white and white leather

mid top trainer.

Rittenhouse. Final delivery from the current season features Japanese

check shirting available for men in a button up shirt and for women

in the studio check dress and tank. Both available in the multi and

red/white/navy checks.

ill go to incu and check over the weekend.. im trying to get it online but even the official s2a online store dont stock them yet :/

im officially unemployed now. company i worked for went broke as of 2 days ago and the fact that new CON collection is coming so soon.. NOOOOOOOOOO :~<

ill go to incu and check over the weekend.. im trying to get it online but even the official s2a online store dont stock them yet :/

im officially unemployed now. company i worked for went broke as of 2 days ago and the fact that new CON collection is coming so soon.. NOOOOOOOOOO :~<

this is shit, I have been redundant before due to a company going broke...

good luck when searching for a new job, its a shit market at the moment..

this is shit, I have been redundant before due to a company going broke...

good luck when searching for a new job, its a shit market at the moment..

qft - applied to like 4-5 jobs through various online agencies which I was more than confident a call-back would be received; not a peep since application date (2 weeks ago) ... much sadness ...

just got an email from BangGang (deejays) about a sale....random?

"Hello dear mailing list member....

Some of our buddies are having a sale in sydney this weekend and wanted us to let you know about it...

It features samples, one off's and discounted stock from a premium selection of Australia's most talented young designers !

From the Friday 12th to Sunday 14th Sept, China Heights 2 at 257 Crown St, will be holding this exclusive sale which will be open to the public from 10am to 6pm daily.

Get down there early for up to 75% off designer gems.

Menswear by Asuza and Material Boy, Womenswear by Romance Was Born, Shakuhachi, Kate Hurst and accessories by Elke Kramer & Zoe Mou plus more

Prices start at only $20!!!!

CASH ONLY "

peace

hmm going to "somedays" store this friday to get some gram shoes so i might drop by to that sale and let u guys know if its worth going...

did my bachelor of design @ billy blue and now im studying @ UNSW atm doing marketing.. such a shitty uni imo. 90% of my class are azns haha. what about you guys?

i have this lil side project im doing with a mate.. we're making our own line of mens tees (to start off). going to meet the factory ppl this dec - doing sample prints etc. when its all up and running ill post it here first thing : D

Criteria:

2) Decent nightlife

3) Quality of women

Definitely UNSW. You are a short 15-25 min (depends on traffic) bus trip to the City.

Maroubra is closer from UNSW and theres great places to rent in Kensington (near UNSW).

Women? Definitely the city brings a better range.