Shoes that can be dressed up or down? Dess shoes / boots?

interp

Didn't see a dress shoe thread, so here's one

I'm looking for a pair of black dress shoes that could be dressed down as well. So, I'm looking at boots or so.

This one caught my eye, somewhat, but I can't really see dressing this up too well.

UNShowDownLEBlk3.jpg

Do any members have any suggestions for something I could find somewhat easily or styles I should lean towards?

Didn't see a dress shoe thread, so here's one

I'm looking for a pair of black dress shoes that could be dressed down as well. So, I'm looking at boots or so.

This one caught my eye, somewhat, but I can't really see dressing this up too well.

Do any members have any suggestions for something I could find somewhat easily or styles I should lean towards?

Hmm, I'm not a fan of biker-styled boots, but the sole on those is really ugly, imho. If you're looking for boots that can be dressed up, stick to boots/shoes with thin soles.

For shoes that are mainly casual but would look good dressed up, I like these MoMa shoes from Brownsfashion:

http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsFashionSite/category/BrownsDesigners%5FDesigner+Index%5FMen%5FMoma/

For shoes that are mainly dressy but could be casual, I like the "stalwart chelseas" (RM Williams, Charles Tyrwhitt) -- both of which can be purchased around $200 - $250 USD.

Carl's Jil Sander shoes are also really nice; there are some absolutely gorgeous Jil Sander slip-on shoes on Yoox that come in this hypnotic washed green leather.

NDC Made By Hand also makes nice dressy/casual shoes (check out the shoes available on aloharag.com ... beautiful!)

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&YOOX=CRISTIANO+GUALTIERI&tskay=3FD17CD7&rr=1&cod10=440596751Y&areaid=35

Also likeing that one, but only size 12 in black =\

How about things on the low budget end? Trying to keep it as close to $100 as possible since they'll be worn once a month tops

P.S. Thanks for the great suggestions so far

P.P.S. I'd need the pair in black

Thats true, but I just don't see it with those particular Jil Sander boots - the toe box seems almost too ornate/delicate.

That's how I feel about the JS/Church's collaboration shoes as well...even though Raf purposely chose some utilitarian fabrics into the mix like canvas, the way the shoe is cut along with the fabric doesn't look like something that would work well in a casual setting.

Get a pair of R.M. Williams boots through Nungar:

http://www.nungar.com.au/

You can get made to order boots from them for essentially half of what you would pay to get them anywhere else (including RM's own website). I ordered a MTO pair in a tan color (Whiskey to be exact) with the chiseled toes, flat heel, welted sole, and they will look fucking fantastic with jeans, as do my other chelseas. Mine look exactly like this Styleforum member's pair:

48octhv.jpg

Total shipped to my door is around $220.....a goddamn steal.

• 2 months later...
I'm about to go to Jil Sander Store to see whether i can hunt these down in my size.

Unfortunately, Jil Sander doesn't make those boots anymore (I would've bought 'em in a heartbeat if I found them in my size...;_________;

I DO have the Jil Sander Spring/Summer catalog. If you want, I can give you the style #s of each pair of boots.

...nothing as amazing as those, I'm afraid. Bit of a downer.