Another nice new offering from diesel

blm14

I know some of you on here like the zathan cut and they have it in a new fabric I thought people here might like. I also got some straight leg ones coming that are supposed to be one-wash with simple back pockets like the old kratt:

dsc02409kt4.jpg

dsc02410be8.jpg

dsc02411ql5.jpg

dsc02414xu9.jpg

dsc02415rh6.jpg

dsc02416rq7.jpg

Nice big ol' ugly flary bootcuts.

diesel fits horribly, especially in the seat area.

denim looks like shit too.

nice buy!

HA... i didnt even notice the fly at first.

That stitch is going to make you look like u have no penis.

SICK!

actually I didnt buy them. Those pics are from someone else...

Anyways, I just checked the measurements on another pair I own in the same cut and the thigh is about 20", knee 18" and leg opening 21" that's hardly a huge difference. I think its just the way he has them laying kind of folded in half.

Also to say that a company which has 20 different mens cuts "fit horribly" is kind of silly. There's a LOT of variation between how their stuff fits...

eh..after tryign on awhole lot different jeans and fits, i cant really say that ill buy anoter pair of diesels. Especially at their price, theier fits arent anything extraordinary. I have a pair of Diesel Zathans that i got altered to be tapered, but unfrotunately i dont even wear those jeans. :/ i'll stick with other brands.

don't flame someones thread ATS... If you like it buy it. if not then go look somewhere else.

Thank you! :)

I dont think any of this season's stuff is raw, but a lot of it is dark and simple. I don't really see a problem with them coming out with a lot of raw denims but generally speaking diesel rarely comes out with narrow ranges stylistically; Each season has some wild outlandish stuff and some understated basic stuff.

thanks for the pics blm. I used to be a big diesel fan back during the honestforum days, but nowadays I've gone all superfuture'd out with APCs and diors. They're still good jeans for whenever you just need to go mainstream clubbing, don't regret them one bit.

i'm going to disagree with diesel fitting like shit --- i have yet to see anyone look bad in the zathan cut. if you look at the construction of the seat and front rise, you can clearly see that the fit and form is very 3D, well cut, and you can tell they have gone through lots of trial and error to determine which way the fabric drapes the best to compliment the wearer. the crotch area, shit, any area above the knees is one of THE hardest parts to construct and fit well when making pants.

i've always had a soft spot for diesel in that dept. the 2 pairs that i bought 5 years ago are still in my rotation and have gone through so much abuse and have yet to have a blowout anywhere. i can't say the same about the first gen paper denim or sevens that i also got at the same time (this was way before i knew about dry denim, spare me) even though they are on every other american jack ass, its for good reason, they fit well are contructed well (at least prior to 5 years ago), and for the masses they keep up with 'trends'

FYI, diesel did selvedge before most other companies we know today, but discontinued them. Dr Jonboy used to work for them (?) so he should know...

i agree with the zathans being a good fit. although i wouldn't buy them at full retail, i remember being very happy with them when i tried them on. they're decent jeans for sure, and some of their more conservative distressing efforts are actually fairly nice.

yeah i would actually agree that zathan is a good cut. got mine awhile ago but never wore them cuz i dont really wear bootcut stuff anymore but after i got them cut down and tapered to straightleg, i love it.

as a matter of fact...i wore them on a little photography trip yesterday (while my friends went snowboarding)

n10708456_32952547_4051.jpg

btw...on a side note...snow + slipons = bad idea...

i actually thought diesel has nice details and trims this season, i dont understand why would people hate diesel so much. after all diesel was one of the first company to mass market so-called premium denim.

besides, diesel style lab has always been the fore-runner on development.

yeah, until they shut it down in like 2002 or whatever.

Actually what they did was re-fold the designers back into the original label which is why their main brand has become more style-lab-like since 2002. They're about to do the same thing with the shoe line (which has been outsourced to another company for a while) and take it back in house.

These diesel are fugly as all hell original poster . I own ONE pair of diesel KRATTL and will only own THIS ONE PAIR EVER . until they re-release the REDLINE selvage that they did a VERY limited time I guess - saw um when I visited my cousin in Greece in 2001 . Not the orange edged selvage stuff that a whole roll of was found just sitting in a USA warehouse and posted on eGay .. these were HEAVY DUTY

diesel aint no quality man it's chic n shit .. Ill wear mine next time I go to a bollywood club until then they'll stay archived ...those redlines were SUPERB though and REALLY RAW and the cut was badass .. Well now that I know more maybe they weren't so great but me thinks they prolly were pretty good .. ( didn't know much then either though ) That's when denim lab was part of diesel though so yea ...

I couldn't afford the $299 USD equiv of what they costed though though I knew of selvage from my dad's 501 pair - so I bought a Diesel tee-shirt and these . I paid $50 for um - last pair in big size my size and thought they had sweet minor details like how they attached the yoke and brought the diesel trademark red single stitch in and the rivets in ergo places .. The cut is great also - one of only 3 pairs of jeans with a faded wash that I own . They're 38 but are 37" true waist which was funny to me because that's my exact waist size and they fit just like they were made for me too me likey .

http://i16.tinypic.com/3ydrats.jpg

2j0xug1.jpg

35n7m8x.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/2cnbeic.jpg

Oh and of course they're authentic bought um in Mikonos Greece - momma was born in Thessaloniki . This was my 1st time going since Ive been 17 - went alone this round NICE got MUCH Greek women in the sack yawll :-)

Along with the 10 pairs various khakis in brushed cotton and standard 100% and my 20 or so various pairs of dress pants incotex zegna etc .. My " bottom-half" wardrobe is complete along with my 4 pairs of raw selvage and my single 1980's deadstock orange tab 517's .. Oh I need some cashmere angora Polo cargo slacks too , but I dont care if I never find my size .. Im done buying shit fuck this .. Selling off a lot of my Nike collection soon too then Ill go LIGHTWEIGHT shopping again . Buy me some sea Island cotton boxers and socks and like 30 white organic tees and wear only that shit til I hit 35 dammit .. ;-) breathe 3xl breathe ... mmuuuuusssaahhhhh ... phew k k im ok . :-( until I can afford cocktails that cost like 4 meals again Im chillin' .. no more numero shopaholic mama aint raise me like that and she was oh so wise with her money so yeah Im growing up I think and its in me so time to get it straight and start saving for a better house downpayment . taxes out the way anyways something .. I want something I can pay for the acres up front then etc etc .. get out this mortgage get married etc ? lol no not that far Im a MAN will continue to be single til like 44 ( fotey fo ) or so ..

Oh and my shit pants and dickies to work in when I buff lexus ceramiclear out ( j/k lexus aren't THAT proper ) and avoid Vanilla Moose splatter :-)

I don't plan on buying pants for quite some time though is the point .

but damn dudes step your game up those black diesel look like shit all over in every detail and even the denim itself ..

bak to the lab without a mic to grab

k this is my best post ever fuck it im drunk at 7 in the morning whyyyyyy do I have alchohlic friends that have me edit my posts like 40 times sitting with me pointing at my fucking pc screen like fix that .. BACK BACK DENHAM .. grrr

P.S. The L at the end of KRATT stand for lab .. furessshhh

raw/one-wash steez does not really fit diesel and for their sake they should keep out of that area, because people are going to pull cards if they suddenly come out with a big raw denim collection.

they haven't done anything really notable since 2003 or so, anyways.

Funny, Diesel were doing raw selvedge (731), one wash (701) and dark dry denim (779) a decade ago. Back when I was at Diesel and one of the denim trainers for the UK, the one wash flew off the shelves, and the fits were sensible.

Tweedles is right, they also had a selvedge model long before most of you even knew what that was. The first ones were the Old Glory Keetars - cut like a 501, one wash, really nice 31" selvedge denim:

237920122_dcfede4e89.jpg

237920854_dfda8d1ee4.jpg

These were replaced by an unwashed selvedge Kratt along with a one wash selvedge and a more faded selvedge.

They were also doing interesting overdyes; a one wash overdyed with a yellow sulfer dye, there was a green overdye on a gorgeous ring spun denim, but the rot started to set in with their dirty raw denim in late 1998 which had an orange overdye.

Don't write the company off completely because of their current direction. They deserve a true denimheads respect as much as someone like Wrangler IMO, perhaps not for what they're doing now, but for where they've been.

Ahh okay I saw the unwashed Kratt then !!

jonboy were you who I was going to buy the Saddle selvage diesel deadstock size 36 off ebay from ? he said he used to work for diesel ..

and yes they were / maybe are a TRUE denimheads company they dont get RESPECT though cause they make what sells - respect is whats in my sig .. which is not produced by man nor woman nor machine

Oh and of course they're authentic bought um in Mikonos Greece - momma was born in Thessaloniki . This was my 1st time going since Ive been 17 - went alone this round NICE got MUCH Greek women in the sack yawll :-)

http://i10.tinypic.com/2cnbeic.jpg

Those jeans are fake. The tag is missing the security stripe. Ouch

i was jut gonna comment on the electric blue stitching...looks tacky to say the least.

The blue stitching is pretty standard for Diesel. By the time they've been worn in and faded the stitching will blend in with the indigo really nicely, better than the classic gold stitching if you ask me.

Ahh okay I saw the unwashed Kratt then !!

jonboy were you who I was going to buy the Saddle selvage diesel deadstock size 36 off ebay from ? he said he used to work for diesel ..

No, I only have my own pair, and they're a size 30 from when I was a thin little mofo.