new bloc party

poly800rock

there's a few songs on the album relating to Kele being gay.

i think the album is horrible- but for sure, this is going to launch

them right into the mainstream. Coldplay levels, even. it just has

that aura around it.

i wish i'd joined oink before the referral i had expired- do you still have

to set up a positive upload ratio before you can start downloading anything,

or else you get banned?

i think the album is horrible- but for sure, this is going to launch

them right into the mainstream. Coldplay levels, even. it just has

that aura around it.

I think Silent Alarm had a sound more like that though.

I'm not sure what I think of the album, after a quick listen I like the way a few songs sounded but I cant say I was really listening that well. nothing spectacular anyways.

men i...ehm...purchased the album ten days ago and i keep on listening to it...it's really great i think. it's going on with the path started by silent alarm, but still playing with new sounds. i like the fact they tasted the mainstream but they definitely didn't follow it...with all the thousands of new bands growing like mushrooms all over the world, i think they're one of the few that are really bringing something new to music. and i also think they're going to become a great band.

i just got up on Oink and i'm realizing that essentially, this is all dependent on me either downloading things that are likely to be downloaded by other users so that i can immediately seed what i just downloaded and maintain a positive ratio OR on me creating my own torrents and hoping that people download them.

Honestly when I first heard the album I wasn't overly impressed.

Figured it's one of those, so give it a little time.

Still nothing.

Too bad, silent alarm was nice. the remixes were better tho

i just got up on Oink and i'm realizing that essentially, this is all dependent on me either downloading things that are likely to be downloaded by other users so that i can immediately seed what i just downloaded and maintain a positive ratio OR on me creating my own torrents and hoping that people download them.

true. although, when you think about it, soulseek is kind of the same. the queues are based on donations, so you donate and you get ahead of the queue. its all free in torrentville. Although, soulseek in it's heyday was amazing

i still have a grand ol' time with soulseek... upon initial review, there's stuff i can find regularly on slsk that i can't find on Oink... but, Oink is definitely going to become a part of my dl'ing scheme, as long as i can get the hang of establishing a decent upload ratio.

i still have a grand ol' time with soulseek... upon initial review, there's stuff i can find regularly on slsk that i can't find on Oink... but, Oink is definitely going to become a part of my dl'ing scheme, as long as i can get the hang of establishing a decent upload ratio.

Yep. Soulseek is still great, but OiNK seems more convenient, and with some of the torrents with a crazy number of seeders downloads are crazy fast. This ratio thing sounds like it's going to be a little, tricky, though.

This album is amazing for people who like their more melodic sound on tracks like "Blue Light" and "This Modern Love" from Silent Alarm. There are a few tracks, however, that are just as banging as "Banquet," etc. such as "Hunting For Witches."

Either way, this album is fantastic and I have been listening to it non-stop for a good month now. If you don't like the album it is because you are not a fan of the direction they have gone, I am assuming, but there is no denying that it is jam-packed with great songs. My favorites are "Waiting For the 7:18," "On," and "I Still Remember," which from airplay it has been getting lately on several major rock stations, is probably going to spearhead their US campaign as their big single........then again, I am a sucker for melodic pop rock.

I suggest you give it a few more listens as it takes some getting used to. This is always the case with progressive band's new releases. I love Muse and their last album took me a good 3 weeks to get into.....now I love it.

It took me a few listens to realize the first track 'song for clay' is about brett easton ellis' book 'less than zero'.

At one time in my life, that was my favorite book.

There for this album gets a thumbs up.

• 1 month later...
This album is amazing for people who like their more melodic sound on tracks like "Blue Light" and "This Modern Love" from Silent Alarm. There are a few tracks, however, that are just as banging as "Banquet," etc. such as "Hunting For Witches."

Either way, this album is fantastic and I have been listening to it non-stop for a good month now. If you don't like the album it is because you are not a fan of the direction they have gone, I am assuming, but there is no denying that it is jam-packed with great songs. My favorites are "Waiting For the 7:18," "On," and "I Still Remember," which from airplay it has been getting lately on several major rock stations, is probably going to spearhead their US campaign as their big single........then again, I am a sucker for melodic pop rock.

I suggest you give it a few more listens as it takes some getting used to. This is always the case with progressive band's new releases. I love Muse and their last album took me a good 3 weeks to get into.....now I love it.

For the most part England said what I wanted (but didn't know how) to say.

My friend lent mean the album before I went out to buy it and he did warn me about they being a slight change in direction towards a more mainstream/pop rock sound.

Having listening to it throughly I have to say that I didn't really see it as a change in direction more an evolution of the sound (no that it not just a nice way of saying the same thing).

In terms of the lyrics I thought to a large extent they were improved on the first album and was surprised at the level of direct social commentry. I admit 'Hunting For Witches' and 'Uniform' could probably apply to any time but if you have lived in the UK over the past twelve months they umm... don't know how to put this..

Example: "The Daily Mails say's the enemy's among us." Firstly this probably has a lot more resonance if you live in the UK because you understand the place The Daily Mail has in our society (it's the tabloid equivalent for the right wing middle class) and you'll have experienced the vast surge in migrant workers to our shores etc. It's not nessecarily specific to all those events but it's more powerful to those who've lived through those events.

I 'Uniform' was a brave subject to tackle because they have risked alienating memebers of their own fanbase but I suppose those kids don't realise they're the subject of disdain (or they just don't listen to the words..).

Put it this way, I think it is still an album with worldwide appeal but there is a level of Britishness (there has to be a better word for that) to it that you might have to live here to fully appreciate.

(I can't stand Muse though, sorry England).