Apple iPhone

artificialsky

As a part of their deal with AT&T, Apple recoups part of the voice/data plan from customers, so the 2-year commitments will bring back a sizable portion of the loss back. I would dare say it'd end up being free if all employees subscribed and kept the phones, paying the monthly fees. AT&T pretty much became Apple's bitch as far as planning and launching the product, but yes, it is quite a bit of money. Obviously it isn't a problem since Steve waved his magic fingers and blessed everyone with iPhones.

I'll keep my keypad, thank you.

I'll keep the 3.5" screen. Thank you.

(Enjoy the permanent plastic keys on your phone, though. I figure since you can make a quibble I can too.)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had that planned but from what I heard it was a little rushed. They had to up the speed otherwise that iPhone commercial with a youtube video would be a tragedy.

Sidney, I think it's a nice phone and it should work good enough. I would get it right away if it had a 20gb drive but I might get it anyway just for the cool factor. I saw it again the other day and wanted to open this thread and take a picture but it froze on it :D The speed needs to be worked on but the rest is just tits. Get it, it's worth it.

It'll be in stock. Just hit up an Apple Store this weekend. Activation is all done through iTunes anyhow, so there won't be that much of a problem unless there are mobs of people queued at every location.

They had that planned but from what I heard it was a little rushed. They had to up the speed otherwise that iPhone commercial with a youtube video would be a tragedy.

but the tv ads are all done using wifi, not edge. so it can go as fast as your internet connection.

The note about the gloves is a very crucial point--maybe Apple will slang special touch-screen sensitive iPhone gloves in the near future? ;)

i can confirm this.

here is a leaked photo from apple

powerglovedn4.jpg

(side note: apple are so fucking on trend for everything. not only is the glove at the height of technology, the model is rocking wayfarer's!)

It'll be in stock. Just hit up an Apple Store this weekend. Activation is all done through iTunes anyhow, so there won't be that much of a problem unless there are mobs of people queued at every location.

heh you just brought a glisten of hope into my eyes. ill go by later tonight when the campers are all gone.

Why do people crave this so much? The touch screen is sick, yea, but the camera is mediocre; the plan they make you stick to with telecompanies are whack; and it's going to be sooooooo common in the future (just like how almost everyone owns an ipod nowadays). Is it just me?

ill wait untill they install isight on there. 2nd gen i bet will come out sooner than people expect.this one still lacks in alot of areas.hopefully should be 3g by then

I'll wait til they invent a gadget that will make phones obsolete

Lots of Apple fanboism in this thread with some silly arguments to boot.

Such a useful post... I wish I haven't depleted my rep for the day.

The plans that are available with the iPhone are great and fairly cheap, compared to what else is out there. The camera is fairly good, as you can see in Pogue's NYT review. And as for it being common, I would rather use a common phone that is incredibly easy to use and works will with my Mac, rather than suffer through using anything else that's out there today.

Oh, oh, and it replaces my iPod... (don't need more than 8gb on the go, at least personally) And unlike with iPod, I'll never forget to charge this or forget to take it with me, cause it's a cellphone.

Then again I won't have one anytime soon, seeing as Rogers is such a nice and friendly company. *cough* monopoly *cough*

Oh, and regarding those cellphone plans... one of those $80 (or $100, don't recall) plans would give me the same things that I pay $300 for here in Vancouver.

Fanboys all of you. Wait for the 2, 3, 4th generation iteration instead of being a paying beta tester :P

As for myself, I'll be getting either a Nokia 6500 Slider or the E65 once cashflow eases. So tired of charging my phone every day.

Fanboys all of you. Wait for the 2, 3, 4th generation iteration instead of being a paying beta tester :P

As for myself, I'll be getting either a Nokia 6500 Slider or the E65 once cashflow eases. So tired of charging my phone every day.

really anything "beta" from mac is guaranteed to work. you really should go see an iphone for yourself. you will see how polished it is and how long they took to make it.

Okay so I bought the 8GB yesterday(I live in Louisiana btw), started the activation through iTunes around 7PM.....it's now 4:22AM and my iPhone is yet to be functional. I called AT&T about my issue and the guy said some activations last 2 min. others may last longer.

I just want to use my phone already! Anybody else experience the same problems?

I just want to use my phone already! Anybody else experience the same problems?

Yeah... quite a lot of people actually. AT&T screwed the activation up. They've known for the longest time that there would be tens-of-thousands of people activating at the same time this week, yet they did nothing to prepare for it. Fucktards.

I'm pretty sure Apple will be on their ass for this.

BTW It's only happening to some people, others are happily using their iPhone already. Also, it seems like current AT&T customers have more problems than new ones. Nice paradox.

Man, this fucking sucks. I know I should just get some sleep and HOPEFULLY my phone will be working tomorrow when I wake up, but if isn't I'll just be even more pissed.

I got an e-mail from 'iTunes' that says AT&T is now processing your activation about 10 hours ago. When I connect my iPhone to itunes it says "at&t needs additional time to complete your activation" or some bullshit. :mad:

heh you just brought a glisten of hope into my eyes. ill go by later tonight when the campers are all gone.

You can get one with nearly no wait time if you goto Cingular/ATT stores. My friend showed up at 4 PM at the Soho Cingular store and was out with a phone by 6:30. Meanwhile you've got dumbasses camped out at the Apple flagship at 52nd st since Monday of this week.