east coast SF party

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York would probably be the best place. DC would be cool too, because it's right in the middle, Denimbar has two locations there, plus, i live here:)

as an east coaster I was offended by the fact that there was no mention of BIG in that denim article about Selfedge and BIG was here first.......

completely agree here. I almost resented the fact that BIG was selling japanese denim when they first opened, it killed the hunt, but Gordon is the fucking man. One of the nicest people I have ever met and he really believes in a good product. For someone to take the risk of japanese denim in NYC with that rent in soho, man i give him props. I brought my samurai blacks into get chainstitched which was free and also dropped off my contest sammy's, and he did those for free too. I had the money in hand, literally TRYING to give him $10-$20 for the chainstich on the contest jeans (he also repaired the pocket stitching which had come undone by hand!) but he refused to take it. "It's ok, you're a customer here." He knew i didn't even buy the contest ones there but was willing to hem em for free cuz I've bought 1 pair of jeans there. That's FUCKING SERVICE! If i start buying jeans again, i'll only buy from BIG.

Would you guys be interested in a Steez/SuFu joint effort, possibly with some designers involved as well? I know that NYC would be the place, but space is at a premium. How about the the DC area, at Denim Bar, which is actually a Bar? I'll cross post this on Styleforum, and of course talk to Mauro to see if this is viable (of course, there are denim parties regularly there in any case).