Spectacles for Superfuture

digital_denim

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it's on..

Tomorrow, Saturday, At Noon, At Spectacles for Humans.

mini SF Superfuture meet..

how cute.

i know of a few peeps going.

seeyou.

I ship to hell and beyond, but it's difficult to imagine what the frame will look like on your face unless you are a pro-wearer. I can choose a frame for myself without trying it on first but I have 15+ years of experience. If you pm your grin and frame choices I can predict if the frame will work or not. M&M is a versatile line with classic German design maneuvers. Looks even better in real life.

Cheers

I live in specs, while $1250 does sounds like a lot i can see its only the same sort of markup as jeans, my crappy english FCUK spec with ultralight lenses would have cost $450, the difference is similar to that between a pair of GAP jeans and say a pair of nudies, its just the numbers that are bigger, still i've bookmarked your sexy site and if i ever get a job at google you can expect me :D

The pleasure was mine, anytime. The year is just starting and newest stuff is beginning to hit the shelves. Later in Feb we are getting some tricked up Huggy styles with air bubbles suspended in the acetate. Insane!!!!!!!!

All the best, digital d!

Dmitri--

Thanks for hosting our superfuture mini-meet today...it was great seeing you again...i love my vibskov scarf now! :) I was telling my friends how I have an exclusive scarf, 1 of 5 in the US!!

Hope to see you again soon. I'm looking to you to get my next pair of sunglasses...either the Dita Flight, Gotti, or Mykita....How much do the Gotti and Mykita sunglasses go for?

P.S. Thanks for helping me out with the vintage pair I brought in.

Cheers!

You welcome, tays. And thanks for your purchase. Piggysan scarf is the coolest kefiyah in the world, I can tell you that!

Gotti's are from $300 to $450. The $450 ones are $$$$ because they are handmade titanium frames with either 0.5 micron coating of Gold or Palladium. It bridges jewelry and eyewear but not in a schmalzy way. The black one has a special coating too, Black Pearl, and this color has amazing depth to it. You just want to stare into it.

Anyway, comeback anytime, I'll tell you all about everythiong I have. And I am about to get more new stuff!!! Check blog for updates.

All the best.

I dont even have my new specs yet that I just ordered, but already thinking of a second pair :) I like the look of these (and they looked good on me):

http://www.eyeglasses.com/product/749327668-763499005

763499005.jpg

Paul Smith PS-231

But I'm interested in other alternatives that are similar, I'm not sure how hot I am on Paul Smith's. Any suggestions where to look?

Grun, I'm still looking forward to someday having that green frame you showed me earlier this month when the superfuturians supershopped at your place with kiya the first time. D'ya remember me? It's about a year before I can get my next pair of glasses, slim chances eh?

Could you please post a pic or a link of those suckers?

just stopped by at grunhauser's shop today just only to see if the black vibskov scarf is still available... but no, it was gone for good... anyway, i think i did a nice job of modeling for grunhauser as i've practically tried most of the frames! THANKS... even though my selima specs have been with me for a few years, i know that it's time for a change, but i think i'm going to get a new pair of specs ONCE i'm back home from overseas (volunteer thing). we hafta to save lots of $$$ for the volunteer thing first! (i guess that's where $400 selfedge certificate comes in handy, but the question is should i rock my expensive jeans to either africa or SE asia during my volunteer time?)

oh btw, grunhauser, i forgot to ask you.. how much is the scarf? and it was nice meeting you today!

(i guess that's where $400 selfedge certificate comes in handy, but the question is should i rock my expensive jeans to either africa or SE asia during my volunteer time?)

oh btw, grunhauser, i forgot to ask you.. how much is the scarf? and it was nice meeting you today!

Are you kidding me? Of course you should wear your jeans out there... think of the fades you'll get. Seriously.

the scarf is (was?) $165...

It was nice of you to come in and try some frames today, gamma888.

Sorry about the scarf not being avail though...These superfuture peeps buy at first sight, you know. And yes, it's $165 out the door.

Good luck with your volunteering gig. Cheers.

thanks guys! yeah, what was i thinking of... i'd even feel MORE guilty if i wear a pair of sugary canes in front of these poor kids... who knows if i'd be happy to exchange my canes for their 'homemade' jeans ;-)

gh: thanks and guess you'll be stocking the piggy scarves sometimes soon? i noticed that they're even on vibskov's s/s 07 collection (red scarf only though?)

The ones I have in stock are as new as it gets - about a month old. Jacky collection is all brand new, GOB and Huggy collection had an injection of new styles and colors. Jackys are selling too fast, that's the problem. I was hoping to get some traction with clients but the chocoloate colors have disappeared right away. The only thing I will getting soon is limited edition Huggy styles with air bubbles suspended in acetate. Mid Feb they say.

Grun... I've been wearing glasses for years, but I don't really know very much about them. I realize that high-end design is more your specialty, but are there any less expensive eyeglass makers that you have respect for? I need another pair, but I really don't want to kick past $400.