front.jpg

back.jpg

backwaist.jpg

lining.jpg

selv.jpg

tag.jpg

japan blue. 31" waist.

unaltered.

i also have a pair of 34" waist coming in 3 days. last pair in that size range in japan as of today. (i asked the dude.)

$500 a piece + shipping

34"s sold

31"s much queried after but still not sold. wassa matter with you people?

won't sell for less than $350. these are not easy to come by.

these are discontinued and i am only asking for the japanese retail price.

i will throw in alteration at the original 45rpm store. if you can give me proper measurements.

come on, kids, once in a lifetime opportunity.

unbelievably, these are still available.

who wants a pair of sorahiko? actually, whoever wants a pair of anything from 45 rpm should message me. i do small orders.

in response to some of the enquiries:

fact #1: all 45rpm jeans are dyed with natural indigo.

fact #2: nandoxnando: dyed warp and weft denim fabric (the original 45rpm fabric,) is *not* available in organic cotton, that means "nandoxnando jomon" does not exist because of fact #3

fact #3:

:: a pair of "jomon" has the following characteristics ::

(1) jomon is always made of organic cotton

(2) jomon is *only* available in ONE cut and ONE colour: slim leg medium rise: see sizing chart here for a smilar cut:

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5076029

i am going into the shop on saturday to help them with some stuff, i will have a more comprehensive fit guide then, which i will post here.

i am still taking orders in the meanwhile, but i have a shoot on wednesday, so get your queries in before noon tomorrow for speedier reply.

no, all natural.

only difference is aihiko uses indigo indigenous to certain parts of china which was imported to and grown in japan during the edo period and has a distinct blue colour that's associated with japanese textile culture. the story behind this particular shade of blue and japan i will tell another day cuz i am really effin busy today.

the other jeans also use natural indigo. they simply blend different species to give it the the desired colour.

fact #4: all 45 rpm jeans are made of zimbabwe cotton, jomon is the only model made from organic (zimbabwe) cotton.

ok, now order.

bump...

still taking orders

hey the new thing might be cheaper than used. all u got to do is ask.

• 2 weeks later...

measurements:

waist: 31

fr rise: 10.5"

back rise: 13.25

upper thigh: 9.75

inseam: 34.5"

knee: 18

leg opening: 16

come on cheapos, ready, set, consume. these are still available. maybe i should go to another forum cuz apparently you guys don't like discontinued, vintage-loom-weaved, japanese indigo jeans that much, despite of all the talk. that or maybe it's time for a diet cuz the 34"s sold fast.

still accepting orders for to be delivered in march, i'm not going back to japan til then.

I'd be interested, but those thigh measurements scare the shit out of me (I thought the aihiko was a fairly loose cut?). I have a suminando sorahiko is size 31, how does the fit compare? More importantly, is the inseam longer on these? I swear my sorahikos are like 32.5 or 33 instead of the 34 they are supposed to be, hehe.

thank you for the advice and attn.

i don't know what their rationale is for discontinuing the aihikos or the process by which they came to this decision.

economically, there are a multitude of reasons for which companies discontinue products. sometimes companies discontinue stuff bc of lack of demand, an example being the sega master or the chevy gremlin. sometimes items are discontinued or are produced in limited quantities bc the cost of production is too high, for example the lotus seven or metal alloy gundam models. you name it.

as mentioned before, they themselves call this their most basic model.

i'd say the cut is similar to the old sorahikos, the difference, as mentioned, is that the indigo is a specific species. it's difficult to capture the fabric's colours with a digital picture seen on a monitor, as you all know.

i would describe it as a similar shade to underglaze blue procelain, but in a darker tone. it's a more intense blue than sorahiko, and not quite as fashionable. this is a collector's item.

i can't lower the price any further. if anything, my cost of operation has risen because i've had to carry these around and i'd have to reraise them to $350. i've shipped a few pairs of sorahikos already and those who received them seem to be satisfied.

i am fairly busy and moving around quite a bit, please forgive me if i don't answer pms and e-mails right away.

Oh, weird. look what's right off the website:

When we use the term indigo here, we are referring to an aniline or synthetic indigo dye.

When we refer to Ai-dyed items, we are talking about a Japanese natural plant dye.

Sorahiko product description:

This denim is made with indigo dye, and should be washed separately with other darks.

great, maybe you guys can shed more light on what this item is actually made of.

• 4 weeks later...

come to this thread often, auntie elle needs more free bumps

friends are more than welcome as well

• 4 months later...

looking for a nokia n95, or a phone with good connectivity and a good camera.

considering barters.