hoodie help

wicz

i figure this is the best place to look for help. trying to find a template for making a hoodie. i dont feel like shelling 200$ on a leroy jenkins hoodie, so i figure id give it a try making my own. i can get the fabirc, have a sewing machine and some basic skill, as well as some people who can help. but i need some rather standard measurements and what shapes/sizes i need to make the arms/hood/body/pockets...

thanks.

i figure this is the best place to look for help. trying to find a template for making a hoodie. i dont feel like shelling 200$ on a leroy jenkins hoodie, so i figure id give it a try making my own. i can get the fabirc, have a sewing machine and some basic skill, as well as some people who can help. but i need some rather standard measurements and what shapes/sizes i need to make the arms/hood/body/pockets...

thanks.

If you have an old hoodie that you like the shape of and dont wear, or perhaps you can find one in a thrift shop or something you can disassemeble it and then use that as the pattern?

You will find that there arent many good pattern resources on the internet. I'm sure there are some, somewhere but i have never come accross any.

im thinking it might be better to buy a hoodie, and cut the frabric i want and sew that on top of it. it sounds easier and will give the hoodie more weight than my original idea.

It might 'sound' easier but i dont know if it really will be or if it will turn out OK. Just make sure you wash both the hoodie and the fabric before sewing together.

you should go with homme .homme's first idea. you would have alot more room to make adjustments and experiment.

if you just slap some material on a preexisting hoody my bet is you wont be happy with the end results.