Cloak 40-50% off sale in LA

jet

If any of you guys are looking for current cloak stuff on sale you need to hit up Alex at Fred Segal Man 310-395-9792.

He's got that dual zipper shirt you guys love so much, the wrinkled gray button up, a sick blazer type jacket in gray cotton or such (same style as the burgundy leather one in the cloak slides) in medium (a little too tight on me since I'm a L) and some other goodies. My favorite is a grey and faded burgundy plaid flight style with shearling hood that can be worn 3-4 diff ways in all sizes. That jacket was 1400 now it's like 6-700. I would have bought it but for some reason cloak cuts never fit right on me which is why I don't own any cloak.

I think I saw the buzz rickson ma1 possibly on sale and a RIDICULOUS buzz rickson parka looking jacket (with fur lined hood) that weighed 20 pounds. Don't know anyone who would need that in LA but if I lived in NY it would be mine. It was 1500 down to 700 or something crazy.

is that his employee discount or what? i know their employee disc is 40% but for you to post up his phone number on an internationally viewed message board is a little unethical in my opinion.

whats the deal on this? is the stuff just on sale?

That number is to the Santa Monica Blvd. Store's Mens dept., not a personal phone number. The sale is on the Fall/Winter 06 Cloak Items they have, nothing unethical here.

is that his employee discount or what? i know their employee disc is 40% but for you to post up his phone number on an internationally viewed message board is a little unethical in my opinion.

whats the deal on this? is the stuff just on sale?

lol wtf

That number is to the Santa Monica Blvd. Store's Mens dept., not a personal phone number. The sale is on the Fall/Winter 06 Cloak Items they have, nothing unethical here.

Thank you. It never ceases to amaze me when I try hooking people up the responses I get.

Nw man, I found some pics. Some of the stuff was 60 off too, you just gotta call, I said 40 to be on the safe side as I didn't do the calcs just saw the prices. They have the work shirt also.

They have the gray fabic version of this don't remember if it was cord or not

00090m.jpg

think they still had the houndstooth cardi too. Here was the jacket with convertible shearling hood that's 600 now. This thing is ridiculous in person.

00100m.jpg

That second jacket looks amazing, but it's impossible to move your arms in it. You'll end up with your arms down like that model ALL the time. Hell, I tried 2 sizes larger just to make sure I'm not imagining things and it was still impossible to move my arms properly. Or you'll have to keep it unzipped... in which case it won't be very functional.

what did you mean you could wear the jacket multiple different ways? does it have a lot of detachable parts?

The shearling hood can be done 3-4 diff ways, real gangster.

That second jacket looks amazing, but it's impossible to move your arms in it. You'll end up with your arms down like that model ALL the time. Hell, I tried 2 sizes larger just to make sure I'm not imagining things and it was still impossible to move my arms properly. Or you'll have to keep it unzipped... in which case it won't be very functional.

I have muscular arms and the shoulder didn't sit right on my frame hence why I didn't buy it. Movement was a little restrictive but it's like that with most jackets for me. The gray blazer one like the leather jacket above was dope but the medium was too small on me.

Any small or x-small items left? Or anything in a waist 29?

Honestly raj I don't remember. He had a lot of sizes when I was there b/c Alex loves cloak. I told him he needs to order more smaller sizes than XLs since apparently bigger people aren't as fashionable heh.

They had a dope nom de guerre cardigan, frost with wide gray stripe marked down to 2 or less also. I'm all about the cardis.

ahh. good to know. btw, is the second model's pants the same pants (jeans) as the first model? looks a bit baggy.

Not the same pants. Tangentially, starting this coming SS, and definitely in full swing for FW, nearly everyone is going with fuller cuts in jeans and pants. A lot of makers have started this already (NdG for one has fuller cut jeans this past FW season, as everyone knows by now, and Dior Homme pants were cut *really wide*, wider than the Tom Ford YSL pants, iirc). Relatively fitted at the hips and thighs but wider through the legs with a classic, wider leg opening. The skinny jean has been worn by every dude and girl in the LES, actually, in most of Manhattan, for about 3 seasons now, and people need to sell something new.

I went today to check out the stuff, its an odd store, not much stuff in it of any interest to myself. I tried on the two jackets: the Barn Coat in the Grey Selvedge Cotton Material and the Ox Blood Butterfly Hood Jacket. They also had the Fox Handknit Cardigan in Black and White that I tried. The Barn Coat was okay, I am sure it looks much nicer in the Leather verison, I didn't really like the colar on it. I liked the butterfly jacket the most, the hood was most confusing, they should include an instruction manuel with it to show you all the various ways to wear it. I did not have any problems with the fit, like some did in the arms, I did however find the fit a bit boxy. It was also a pretty heavy duty coat, good for the cold weather. The price was $680, but even for that price I questioned it, and decided to pass. The quality of all the garments was satisfactory, not amazing [the extra hanging threads kill it sometimes, and I hate when places cut off the orignal tags from cloak] Thats all I have to report.