"Heroes"

pmpacrmb

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gives me the same feeling as when I saw Lost's first season on TV. That's a good feeling. Now that it's the 3rd season for Lost and it's jumped the shark, I'm curious how this plot plans out for Heroes in the upcoming seasons.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Now that it's the 3rd season for Lost and it's jumped the shark,

you'll pay for that one, Lo. Don't think you won't pay.

how DARE you? lost is still crushin 'em.

Hahahahahaha I knew I'd get some shit for talking about Lost that way. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an avid watcher of Lost. I'm just starting to become skeptical of the formula. The mythology of the Island hasn't been touched upon in a minute.

The first 6 episodes of season three seems to have amounted to nothing but a weak cliffhanger for this damn 6 week break. I hope the 16 straight episodes or whatever will really drive the show back on track with some awesome plot turns and revelations.

I watched Lost for about a season and a half and then it turned into every other shitty show where they only keep me coming back because they don't show anything forever and ever, and anytime they give something away it's incredibly minor. There are so many questions that are central to the story that should have been and could have been answered by now, but since they have to drag it on as long as possible to get as much money as possible they keep adding and solving these pointless minor mysteries. The show should have been two seasons long.

Just my two cents.

Money makes the world go round Servo.

Just my two cents. :P

but does it make quality television? is it worth my time just to get jacked off every week? im not even commenting on lost (ive never seen an episode) but some shows should not run forever. at least 24 pays off at the end of a season and doesnt just keep milking the same story for fucking ever. and if your going to keep us hopelessly in the dark it better be worth the wait. the x-files did that and after the movie came out i checked out of that show. fuck you chris carter. i actually believe we in an golden era of television (including cable, the web, you tube etc...) and there is some really good stuff being made (six feet under). its becoming very democratic and if people dont like it they will go somewhere else. tv (or all episodic home entertainment) is no longer the wasteland it used to be so if i am going to devote an hour a week to your show, it better be good. and if the story needs only 2 seasons to resolve itself, let it go. look at twin peaks. granted, it ended because no one watched it , but lynch ended it with style. now that was damn fine tv.

about heroes: i love it. sure it uses every superhero cliche in the book but thats what makes it fun. in the context of a tv show they seem fresh. and it kinda hooks you in with the mystery but the superhero/comicbook genre has so much source material to draw from and take reference from, heroes greatness (and continuing potential ) isnt dependant on one specific "macguffin" or plot device. all the characters are superheroes. if you are into that, you're set. there are variations and amagamations of every major superhero. and im sure there will continue to be new characters and plotlines. jeph loeb produces it and he's a huge comic book writer so im sure hoping the writing stays strong and he doesnt let it fall into sub steller smallville territory ( i watched the first 2 seasons religeously until it went all dawson x charmed).

save the cheerleader, save the world

at least 24 pays off at the end of a season and doesnt just keep milking the same story for fucking ever.

save the cheerleader, save the world

i don't know. after 7 seasons/days in jack bauer's life, i'm starting to think he is the most unlucky person in human history....

i liked the 1st season of 24, the 2nd-present are just filler. i just can't believe it anymore. i only watch the wire and southpark. cult you should watch the wire, i got hooked on it this season.

After cults description I'm going to give this show a try. I love comics, so this sounds great. I (falsely) figured this should would be the anti-thesis to everything great about comics and superheroes in general, so I didn't bother. Time to take a second look, perhaps.

edit: by the way, Twin Peaks? Triple thumbs up.

i don't know. after 7 seasons/days in jack bauer's life, i'm starting to think he is the most unlucky person in human history....

i liked the 1st season of 24, the 2nd-present are just filler. i just can't believe it anymore. i only watch the wire and southpark. cult you should watch the wire, i got hooked on it this season.

Same here, I think 24 is getting old... I'm just watching season 5 and it's goddamn ridiculous.

I loved the frist season of The Wire, but hell, the first 6 episodes of season 2 really bored me to death, so I quit watching. The same seems to be happening with Prison Break, loved the first season, but it's getting lame already......

Same here, I think 24 is getting old... I'm just watching season 5 and it's goddamn ridiculous.

I loved the frist season of The Wire, but hell, the first 6 episodes of season 2 really bored me to death, so I quit watching. The same seems to be happening with Prison Break, loved the first season, but it's getting lame already......

season 2 is brutal...i could only get through it b/c i watched the 4th one first...3rd and 4th season of the wire are AMAZING..no more boring dock workers.

• 1 month later...