"Heroes"

pmpacrmb

^^

yes he has

*spoilers*

- he sides wit linderman (note: he answers "0.7%" when peter asks "do you have any idea how many people will die?")

- he encourages claire to go to paris even after peter argues that keeping claire in new york is the only way to prevent the explosion

- notice the painting of nathan in congress at the end

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think he's doing it more for personal gain, no?

Well, he might be, but it's debateable.

In any case, I just stumbled on something rather interesting, some people are apparently suggesting that in future Nathan is not actually Nathan, but Sylar. Documented by the fact that he says that he's the most special, something that only Sylar has been saying. Besides, it's not like this is something totally impossible... Sylar could very well take over Nathan and use the terrorist label to hunt down all the other heroes and get their powers.

• 2 weeks later...
suppositly the storyline will end this season and not drag on like Lost and next season will be a whole new cast.

That was the plan originally, but due to popularity of the current cast, they plan to keep most of them and just bring in a couple of new heroes... but we'll see, there hasn't been much news on Season 2 so far. I don't think they'll go with new cast though as that could kill the show completely.

I'm annoyed that last week's episode was so damn enthralling and yesterday's was another setup. I know it's down to the wire, but I'm getting nervous as to how they'll wrap up characters because if they take their word back on the gameplan, I'll be disappointed.

Plus, I figure there would be a bit more progress now that there are only two or so episodes left... don't want people dying abruptly without a proper death scene...

• 2 weeks later...
i like the concept of heroes but it's hard for me to watch. hiro's japanese is really good, but since no one understand what he's saying he can get by with less than great scenes. if was speaking in english, they would have him redo half of his scenes.

as for his friend, he's actually korean and speaks japanese with a super thick korean accent.

i'm just a stickler on authenticity i guess. :(

like few others here, finally watched like five episodes in a row during a huge heroes marathon on sci-fi channel. great show. (late to the party.) but like miz, hiro's fucking friend is driving me nuts. his japanese makes no sense at all. super annoying because i don't have to read the subtitles when hiro's speaking, but i forget i need to read the damn thing when the other guy is speaking.

but i was pleasantly surprised at how good george takei's japanese was.

The end was soooo stupid! WHY did they show Sylar's eyes flashing and shut down if he wasn't dead? Did he lose Isaacs power or something? And I thought it was really weird that absolutely NOBODY saw Sylar moving and going down the sewer. WTH

And the way Molly mentioned the guy that she's not able to locate was totally random. WTF

And I bet Nathan hasn't gotten any role in the series anymore, so they just finished him off, because there were many ways to stop Peter without him dieing.

And what the hell did DL need Jessica for? Why did Micah had to call her while she was beating the hell out of Sylar? DL was lying down and resting right? And why didn't Nikki carry DL in her arms instead of merely supporting him and make him walk? Why didn't DL just touch Nikki and use his powers when Linderman tried to shoot her?!?!?!?!?!

Why didn't Hiro cut off Sylar's head? He has been in the future right?

And WHY wouldn't Claire just shoot Peter?!?! She knows that he has her ability! WTFFFFFF

like few others here, finally watched like five episodes in a row during a huge heroes marathon on sci-fi channel. great show. (late to the party.) but like miz, hiro's fucking friend is driving me nuts. his japanese makes no sense at all. super annoying because i don't have to read the subtitles when hiro's speaking, but i forget i need to read the damn thing when the other guy is speaking.

but i was pleasantly surprised at how good george takei's japanese was.

so, chicken, it's worth watching?

george takei from star trek speaks japanese?

yeah, i find the show entertaining. hiro is a likeable otaku-ish character and his japanese ain't bad at all. (i heard he does his own translation for the part.)

george takei, i believe is a nikkei nisei or something. he's a huge supporter of the asian american community in the west coast. he and his family was in the internment camp when he was really young.

The end was soooo stupid! WHY did they show Sylar's eyes flashing and shut down if he wasn't dead? Did he lose Isaacs power or something? And I thought it was really weird that absolutely NOBODY saw Sylar moving and going down the sewer. WTH

He saw the future, what's so hard to grasp there?

When you have a giant explosion happening above you, you really tend to focus on a (presumably) dead villain.

And I bet Nathan hasn't gotten any role in the series anymore, so they just finished him off, because there were many ways to stop Peter without him dieing.

Off-screen death is a popular device to keep suspense, Nathan didn't necessarily die —he could've just carried Peter far enough and dropped him and flew away. As for many other ways to stop Peter, I responded to that below.

Why didn't DL just touch Nikki and use his powers when Linderman tried to shoot her?!?!?!?!?!

Then he wouldn't be able to surprise Linderman and take his brains out. Besides, his reaction time isn't that quick... he would have to grab Nikki and use his powers all in the milisecond it took for Linderman to shoot.

And WHY wouldn't Claire just shoot Peter?!?! She knows that he has her ability! WTFFFFFF

Because they don't know how the powers work... at least they're not certain. What if the bullet damaged the part of brain that was responsible for the ability? How can you put such a blame on a child (well, teenager, but still), anyway? If Peter didn't survive that, she would blame herself all her life.

Also, if she shot him, who says he wouldn't go nuclear like Ted did? She never even shot a gun, she would have to hit exactly the spot that's responsible for his powers on the first try, otherwise they would risk an explosion.

It's funny when people criticize things, when truly they just don't get what's going on and their suggestions are absolutely unrealistic in the scope of the show.

yeah, i find the show entertaining. hiro is a likeable otaku-ish character and his japanese ain't bad at all. (i heard he does his own translation for the part.)

george takei, i believe is a nikkei nisei or something. he's a huge supporter of the asian american community in the west coast. he and his family was in the internment camp when he was really young.

I kinda find it annoying that hiro has to be a otaku who hangs out at maid cafes. I would have been fine with Hiro being a rapper wannabe studying english at Zoni, or a lazy fashionable part time haken who lives in cheap karaoke rooms.