"Heroes"

pmpacrmb

^ hmm, maybe i'm not sensitive enough about that stereotypical casting they did. the way you have it might be more believable.

but something else that i found pretty funny is that somehow all these people around the world are supposed to be waking up to these superpowers, but it's just mainly people from the states, plus one guy from japan. a guy from india is just following his dad's research. maybe i just haven't seen enough episodes yet.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that sylar escaping down the sewer is dumb. i would think someone saw him escaping or at least notice that he was gone afterwards. the guy that molly mentioned who she cant locate is probably a hint at next season's villain or something. I hope nathan isnt dead cuz i really liked his power for some reason.

yeah, the otaku thing is a turn off. but, hey, otaku do exists in japan, so they are people too. i think it's because most americans have the nerd stereotype in their minds, so it's an easy transition. it wouldn't make sense for americans if they casted hiro as, say, a botchan or a host. americans wouldn't have an idea of what that is, but everyone knows what a nerd is. it would be cool if they cast hiro as a chinpira yakuza or street thug.

as far as the martial arts stereotype, in japan, no one really does martial arts. only a few people do. doesn't mean people can't fight. they fight a lot in japan, but it's not really anything organized.

i like how they did jin in lost. jin is just a badass. no rhyme or reason, just a kid who grew up in the slums and beats bad people up.

How many more episodes are there gonna be? 2?

I hope they dont add random new heroes for the second season

what theyre gonna do for second season is have new characters come in and the people will get to vote for who will join the others.

supposedly... i saw on tv EXTRA EXTRA

kinda excited to see new characters but its somewhat hard to keep up with the ones now.

as far as the martial arts stereotype, in japan, no one really does martial arts. only a few people do. doesn't mean people can't fight. they fight a lot in japan, but it's not really anything organized.

I thought they taught judo or something for their phys. ed.

i like how they did jin in lost. jin is just a badass. no rhyme or reason, just a kid who grew up in the slums and beats bad people up.

jin was in the army.. like all koreans who can't buy their way out of it. that's why he has martial arts training and marksmanship (they choose him to be one of the shooters).

yeah, the otaku thing is a turn off. but, hey, otaku do exists in japan, so they are people too. i think it's because most americans have the nerd stereotype in their minds, so it's an easy transition. it wouldn't make sense for americans if they casted hiro as, say, a botchan or a host. americans wouldn't have an idea of what that is, but everyone knows what a nerd is. it would be cool if they cast hiro as a chinpira yakuza or street thug.

Hiro being a host would have been pretty awesome, Hiro, Prince of Kabukicho

They would just use "male whore" in the subtitles to simplify things

^^^ ha, yeah, it would be "memoirs of a geisha" all over again. god, that shit sent japanese stereotypes back like 100 years. i get russians and indian people coming up to me asking if i know of a good geisha spot in japan.

some great quotes and i'm not making this up:

indian co-worker: "so, do you know of a good geisha place in japan?"

me: "what?"

indian co-worker: "you know, like in the geisha movie. it's basically like an entertainment center, right?"

me: "no, they don't have geisha 'entertainment centers' in japan."

indian co-worker: "when did they stop the proliferation of the geishas?"

russian co-worker: "why do japanese women wear pillows on their back?"

me: "what?"

russian co-worker: "us russians believe it is because the japanese man cannot wait for the bed to have sex with the woman."

cats are mad ignorant.

they have geishas at gamecenters?

Tell your coworkers to go to hostess bars. Thats the modern geisha. There's a shitload of them on 51st street and Lex.

kimtaku is too old, maybe Nagase or Odagiri Jo

speaking of martial arts, my friend goes to japan a few times a year to train in lol ninjitsu in saitama, he says it's mostly white guys from the US. And I saw Bobby Olagon(sp) recently in Ueno walking around with a monkey leashed. LOL racist!

He saw the future, what's so hard to grasp there?

It's funny when people criticize things, when truly they just don't get what's going on and their suggestions are absolutely unrealistic in the scope of the show.

Shut up. You obviously don't know where you're talking about, because Sylar saw the past, not the future. Those images in his eyes were the images of the people he killed!

Btw, does anybody know what the purpose of Peter's dream was? The one with Simone's father?

Shut up. You obviously don't know where you're talking about, because Sylar saw the past, not the future. Those images in his eyes were the images of the people he killed!

while this may be a "cool" effect, it added nothing to the show so there's no reason to argue over it. It's like in Lost when they put all these images in the cloud monster crap, wow what does it all mean? probably nothing.

Btw, does anybody know what the purpose of Peter's dream was? The one with Simone's father?

at first i thought he travelled through time to the past and was invisible, and if this was the case then it meant that simone's father has some special power to see invisible people and talk to them (or be able to predict the future in some wierd way that is different from the painter). or it could just be a dream that randomly makes a new connection between the old geezers in the show. i dunno.

while this may be a "cool" effect, it added nothing to the show so there's no reason to argue over it. It's like in Lost when they put all these images in the cloud monster crap, wow what does it all mean? probably nothing.

at first i thought he travelled through time to the past and was invisible, and if this was the case then it meant that simone's father has some special power to see invisible people and talk to them (or be able to predict the future in some wierd way that is different from the painter). or it could just be a dream that randomly makes a new connection between the old geezers in the show. i dunno.

Yeah, because I found it weird that they gave the viewer a message something in the lines of 'all that matters is love' and they didn't do anything with it! It had no purpose/adds nothing to the episode at all!

And btw, why did Nikki mingle into the fight? She has never seen Peter and Sylar before, and there's no real indication for her to decide which one of them is the bad guy. And still she beats Sylar's ass?

uinku

i may not remember this right... but the way it happened was something like...

peter goes into the open

sylar appears, puts him in a chokehold

cop comes out shoots bullets, and gets ricocheted back

nicki comes out and sees that and whacks him with the meter?

i mean, if that order is right, then it's given who's a bad guy. maybe. yeah. maybe.

• 6 months later...