How do you rate Edwin Lee repros?

Guest Raul

Hi all,

I see that Edwin makes very accurate repros of Lee jeans, and they seem very precise to the detail, even though I don't know anything about the quality of their denim.

What do you think of them? Anyone has a pair?

Thanks

Hi all,

I see that Edwin makes very accurate repros of Lee jeans, and they seem very precise to the detail, even though I don't know anything about the quality of their denim.

What do you think of them? Anyone has a pair?

Thanks

they're nice. not worth their price in Sweden and not in the UK either I believe, but you can order from Japan for a good price.

They're priced at 18 900 yen which is very fair. I'm going to get the 44s... some day.

I have a pair and the stitching went on the lazy "s" and on the front pocket. The denim came away from the seam on the fly at one of the buttons as well. Quite a lot of shrinkage I thought.

They faded really nicely and have a nice handle on them though!

I wore them for about a year.

I have a couple of pairs, a '37 'Hair on Hide' and a '44 101B and they're extremely well constructed and exude quality. Have a look at the Evolution thread, someone recently posted a pair of worn in HoH's that look sweet. Also Paul T has posted pics of very well worn in Lees that looked *amazing*.

have the 52 101z. quality is top notch up there with anything else coming out of japan and because they were licensed by lee to make these they are a true reproduction so you get all the details done as they were when they were originally released. mine were sanforized so they didn't shrink much so buy your exact size. didn't relly notice much stretch but i suppose that will be different from pair to pair.

lildavid that was the pair I was talking about - the wear pattern reminds me of the vintage jeans pictures in Paul T's book. In my experience they do shrink an inch in the waist and a couple of inches in length and the denim is super hairy post soak. Here's a coupla pics I took of mine when new, sadly not worn them at all enought to take more pics of them and they're now a bit too loose to boot :( I spose that's what the cinch is there for tho eh.

hoh1.jpg

hoh3.jpg

hoh11.jpg

I would love to order a apair of '52 101Z but they are sold out on their website. Do you know if they will be available again in the next future?

Moreover they seem not to ship out of japan (and I'm in Italy) :-(

try calling the Lee store in Paris. They had them a few weeks ago when I was there.

I would love to order a apair of '52 101Z but they are sold out on their website. Do you know if they will be available again in the next future?

Moreover they seem not to ship out of japan (and I'm in Italy) :-(

• 2 months later...

stick with the edwin made lee repros. you get all the correct details, the color and the proper denim weight and some nice flasher card reprints too. samurai imo aren't worth a damn so if you're looking for a japanese a repro that's close to the original try warehouse they seem to do a good job and put out a quality product.

While we're on the subject, which company makes the best LHT Lee repro? Samurai?

The 37 repro is one of my favorites. I bought a 36" several years ago, lost weight and bought a 33", then bought a pair for my GF because she dug the quality of them. Note that they are true to the marked size and they don't shrink AT ALL from my experience - when I lost weight, I tried to shrink mine. The backpockets get wrinkly because the lining inside shrinks more than the denim - that's all the shrink you'll get.