what are you watching today?

red

This is definitely my favorite Dardenne film. They're not everyone's taste but I think they're some of the best filmmakers working today. I can't wait till The Kid with a Bike.

The Son, 2002:

postersd2.jpg

This isn't really the kind of film that I would normally see but I felt obligated to. It's pretty smart -- it's a comedy that deals with sex in a pretty mature way. I'm really sick of all the Apatow/Phillips style comedies so this was a nice break.

Youth in Revolt, 2009:

youth-in-revolt-poster-fullsize.jpg

This was alright, nothing special. They could have made it a little darker and played up the personal stakes. That would have been a more worth while film.

Source Code, 2011:

Source-Code-Poster-25-1-11-kc.jpg

I can see why this film has been getting good reviews but something felt lacking for me. I was really turned off by one scene in particular and that kind of made me sour on the entire movie. Also, I would have liked a little more from the direction. BUT, Tim Heidecker was in it so that saved it for me.

Terri, 2011:

terri-poster.jpg

Finally got around to seeing this. As I thought about it more throughout the day and discussed it with friends it turned out I liked this film more than I thought. I really think Aronofsky does a pretty good job getting inside the audience's head. Also, it takes skill to pull of what he does visually and have the audience believe it.

Black Swan, 2010:

black4.gif

how is it jack? dude from work told me to watch it. said it was pretty decent

really good! i know absolutely nothing about race car driving and i loved it.

also pretty excited going to see tree of life on the big screen tonight!

^

I quite liked it. The like 20 minutes of National geographic footage and weird dinosaurs was strange but I thought it added something I hadnt seen before to a film. We had about 6 people leave the cinema actually. Don think they liked it. I love Malick's style personally. This and The New World was great. I feel I need to go and see this again.

^

I quite liked it. The like 20 minutes of National geographic footage and weird dinosaurs was strange but I thought it added something I hadnt seen before to a film. We had about 6 people leave the cinema actually. Don think they liked it. I love Malick's style personally. This and The New World was great. I feel I need to go and see this again.

yeah i really enjoyed it too, but definitely still trying to wrap my head around it all. had like 4 or 5 people walk out but malick's films are pretty polarizing which is what makes them interesting.

if you haven't already dude what the thin red line and badlands! both also spot on.