what are you watching today?

red

Insomnia was the best of the three, and far from bad, but it didn't really amaze me, either. Is the remake any good? Thinking about watching it next. Just struck most of the After Dark filmography off my list. I'll watch a couple more but they're pretty bad, generally.

currently re-watching The Wire, halfway through season 2

RIP :(

largewireallprologue3.jpg

same direct tv's channel is doing the whole series one week at a time. season 2 just ended and I realized that besides the episode where omar and brother M drop stringer, s2's finale is my favorite

watched I'm Still Here the other night too since it's streaming on netflix now and thought it was really good except the ending

Just watched 1974.

Thing is a bad UK TV movie with the regular cast of stock northerners.

If I get busted for harvesting it off the interwebs, I'm negging y'all mercilessly. I'll be, like, the Charles Bronson of neg rep.

yeah, i watched the first two. will eventually get around to the last one but i am not terribly excited about it. feels like a rote, simplified, diluted, made-for-tv retelling of what is a very visceral, complex and greusome book. nevertheless, there are some great shots in the show - raindrops on the windows of a car, the background blurred... but yeah, a mumblefest, though.

maybe if i hadn't read the books i'd be more forgiving.

i saw A Serious Man last night and i thought it was a masterwork