what are you watching today?

red

^what's this? looks interesting. i think we have pretty similar tastes in film jmatsu :)

it's a late 80's french animated film...scifi fantasy.

i had seen the english dubbed years ago. aka "light years" in the u.s.a. w/ glenn close.

finally got around to seeing the original language version.

^ did you like it ? i found it kinda lame when i watched it at the cinema especially the scenario and the end.

i think its pretty good but not fantastic. the opening scene with the explosion is superb. the car chase scene where the shot is like 15 minutes long is great. also the shot where the fighting stops and they leave the building and then somebody fires a rocket and then the fighting breaks out again. actually the whole part with the muslims is great.

the vast majority of dialogue and the philosophical undertones are dumb as hell though.

poster_gutterballs2-1.jpg

saw this last year at a festival. finally made it to the local video store. kopped.

probably one of my fav. movies of 07(though i watched it in 08).

everything you could ever want in a film. blood, guts, pussy, 80's camp dialogue, and an awesome soundtrack. highly recommended (film and soundtrack...the italo by gianni rossi).

canada does have it's moments.

Don't really know if this is the thread for this but I've never seen a recommendations thread I don't think.

I'm looking for some good animated and or fantasy films. Like grown up childrens movies I guess? Or childrens movies that can work for an older audience. Anime or Western style animation are both good by me, nothing too obvious please... seen all miyazaki/ studio ghibli movies basically, all pixar, triplets of belleville.

Pretty vague but hopefully you get what I mean.

25597090.jpg

Loved it, the ambiguity and how natural everything is, I wish more movies were like this.

I just looked up Scarlett's recent films. Please tell me you aren't referring to "He's Just Not Putting Up With Your Pathetic, Whiney, Bitch-shit". If I find out that this still is from that film I am going to neg-rep you every day possible for bringing that shit to this thread.

I just looked up Scarlett's recent films. Please tell me you aren't referring to "He's Just Not Putting Up With Your Pathetic, Whiney, Bitch-shit". If I find out that this still is from that film I am going to neg-rep you every day possible for bringing that shit to this thread.

I thought everyone knew Lost in Translation.