carhartt selvedge

fulcanelli

Long time coming and finally coming in the new year. dont know if this has been posted before, but from the little i've heard they're made by Edwin and have a leather patch on th back pocket like wrangler. Carhartt have a long tradition of workwear but i dont know if they've done a selvedge denim before.

Anyone got any more info?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back... I generally lurk about but there are so many threads that some -like this- slip by. Anyway Carhartt selvedge, as fucanelli mentions will be available Europe wide in the next week or so.

The jeans are made by Edwin out of Japanese denim in Japan. There are three Japanese models available; one twelve oz selvedge and a black and an indigo thirteen and a half oz non-selvedge. The U.K. retail on the dry version of all these styles will be between £75 and £85 depending on the store, pictures below.

Cut-wise they're a low-rise version of our Western Pant (which is similar to a 501) I would take some photos of me wearing them but the samples are massive. Two leg-lengths are available (32 and 34'', sorry sneakeraddict) the denim is sanforized and they come in single inch increments in the waist, size down 2'' in the waist due to oversizing.

CarharttJPJeans019.jpg

CarharttJPJeans010.jpg

CarharttJPJeans013.jpg

CarharttJPJeans014.jpg

I will be visiting the Carhartt store in Sydney this weekend to see if they will get these in. They are on sale and so is the supreme store underneath so its worth a look in.

I doubt they'll have them in yet, my inventory is saying that they've not arrived at our main warehouse yet though it would have made sense if they'd shipped them straight to Aus. from JP. Say hello to Shawn if you see him.

Gem,

extremely hypothetical question, but if for example I managed to find 10 Superfuturians who wanted an xlong inseam, with advance payment for them to you, would Carhartt consider a small run for us?

considering I was one of the first peeps who asked for these months ago!

probably not, but no harm in me asking I hope.

Gem Art, I need you to urgently feedback to someone in Carhartt HQ (?) that Im going to need these bad boys in a 36 - hell, make it longer since they'll shrink - when you make your next production run.

Whats the UK price on 'em anyway?

It depends on the shop, they'll probably be £75 at Interstate. I'll ask about the 36'' leg, I can't remember if I mentioned that Westerns are now available in a 36.

I doubt they'll have them in yet, my inventory is saying that they've not arrived at our main warehouse yet though it would have made sense if they'd shipped them straight to Aus. from JP. Say hello to Shawn if you see him.

Yeah I figured that they wouldnt have them yet - just want to make sure I'm the first to know about it!!