Constant haters.

MadRopes

this is coming from a guy who wanted superfuture's opinion on some sunglasses they bought off ebay.

this is coming from a guy who wanted superfuture's wisdom on where to buy DH jeans (in raw no less) in vancouver BC, and what size, etc etc.

irony?

That was before I figured out everyone in here had a completely obscure point of view on things. Don't get me wrong, DH jeans are really nice and if they sold them in Vancouver I would get a pair. But I just don't think they are suitable for everybody.

I AM NOT saying raw denim is ugly/bad, I am just saying that NOT EVERY pair of fucking jeans you own have to be raw/dry. It is more the fact that people saying all pre-faded jeans are ugly that is getting to me. Btw, did you look up my posts to figure that out? If so, GJ. You must be very forum-able.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

observation: posters from vancouver and toronto tend to make really shitty threads / posts

"pre-distressed" imperial washed dukes are my favorite pair of jeans

i like them and i'm sure other posters here approve of its quality

It is more the fact that people saying all pre-faded jeans are ugly that is getting to me.

Where in the world are you finding posts like that? I cant think of a single one off the top of my head...except right above me.

And dude...how do you know that guys name?

I couldn't care less about some SF forum go-er's onpinion of what I am. I may be a dipshit, but your an ignoramus.

Whats hilarious is that your first posts on here reveal that you came to SF looking to get information on DH jeans.

Call me crazy but I get this feeling that you came on here looking to +1 yourself from the "diesel" crowd from which you currently associate yourself with, met some (elitist) resistance, and dug yourself a hole with this adolescent-like tantrum of a post.

Here, I'll fix it for myself. 99% of pre-faded jeans are ugly (not all of them, see?). There. If you're taste in jeans is as good as your taste in glases, I bet your "refined" Diesels fall into the 99%.

Your opinion. Not mine. And guess what, while a lot of people may agree with you, just as many, (If not more) probably disagree with you.

As far as the sunglasses go, I like them. Not as much as I did when i bought them, but I still will rock them. They are nice black shades. I could do without the logo, but whatever. I still like them.

Whats hilarious is that your first posts on here reveal that you came to SF looking to get information on DH jeans.

Call me crazy but I get this feeling that you came on here looking to +1 yourself from the "diesel" crowd from which you currently associate yourself with, met some (elitist) resistance, and dug yourself a hole with this adolescent-like tirade of a post.

As I just said, I have nothing against DH jeans. Infact I really like them. But Unforunatly they are not available in Vancouver. My main point was that it is cool to have a pair or two of raw denim, but it should also be acceptable to own pre-washed jeans.

I still can't remember more than a very select few occasions when anyone has extensively belabored the woes of pre-washed denim on this forum. It's just not something we really discuss that much. Maybe you can find some examples for us?

And secondly, I'd rather have nothing but raw denim, personally. I think that denim looks best when it's faded to ones body, and when it's that gorgeous shade of brand new, raw, denim. I've essentially never seen, again, except for a very few exceptions, jeans that share these qualities that are pre-washed.

Why the fuck does everyone in this God forsaken forum hate on EVERYTHING other than dry/selvedge denim? God, if you aren't wearing a black wool coat, chuck taylors and DH jeans then you become a fucking victim. I think it is fucking retarded.

I will stick with my refined collection of diesel jeans. But then again everyone knows if something is pre-faded it MUST make it eurotrash. I wear brands such as Diesel, Energie, American Apparel, etc. and I have NEVER been called Eurotrash except on this very forum. I think you all need to get off the fucking raw denim band wagon and stop hating. ASSHOLES!

ANOTHER BITTER HONESTFORUM MEMBER BITES THE DUST. spacer.gif

my gripe with pre-distressed jeans, particularly "premium" pre-distressed jeans:

its over priced. i havent owned a pair, and i doont even know the price point of diesel, but ive see a pair of paper denim, and the quality is shitty. the name suits it well.

pre-distressed denim in general started to irk me when i was in ross a couple of years ago. a redneck couple looked at a pair of distressed jeans on display. this particular pair of jeans had a hole in the knee. the husband said, "theyre charging more because they shot em in the knee with a shotgun. whats this world coming to."

diesel tries to make theyre jeans look like ones you can get in a thrift store for $5. and the raw denim we obsess over here at superfuture are are fucking on point when it comes to quality.

there are some good looking washed jeans but most look stupid, they're over done and dont look stylish in any sense. generally speaking, the fitment also bites ass on many of them.

I'm pretty sure this is the general consensus here so ranting about it is quite ridicilous. its the same as going to niketalk and saying "why the fuck are you hating on hiking boots, sneakers suck anyways".

I really don't give a shit about this....but honestly, what are you trying to get out of posting this thread?

An apology? Cause you won't get that from anyone.....

Piss people off? I really doubt that as well....

This forum is filled with opinionated people who aren't afraid to tell others what they think.....be strong enough have your own opinion, or if you are looking a friendlier crowd with people who are all about Diesel and other mainstream brands go to HonestForum.

It's as simple as that. No need to keep this thread going. I'm not criticizing you--just saying this is kind of pointless.

my new favorite noob!

MadRopes, you got a point.

As much as i'd never be seen dead in Diesel or energie, you gotta face facts - for some inexplicable reason, people will continually jizz over raw denim made by Zimbabwean farmer's virgin daughters, before being sent on boats to japan, where they are constructed on pre world war levi's looms by japanese girls tied up with bondage rope while a giant squid on the middle of the factory floor tries to tentacle rape as many as possible, giving off some squid ink to give the indigo its unique shade.

peace.

hokusai_octopus.jpg

rirawin, you just broke my heart. On xmas, of all days.

In all fairness Madropes, why are you allowed to hate on Abercrombie/Hollister mallrats, and superfuturians who swear by raw denim aren't allowed to hate on you? Just curious...

We should all just love each other. except rirawin.

Let's start with this: please, don't hate on Vancouver/Toronto just because of a couple of assholes... eh... scratch that, I wish I could move somewhere else, but I can't for another year.

Anyways, regarding DH in Vancouver, they're fucking availalbe at Leone and if the OP wasn't an asshole, he would've been able to use the search function and find the info he needs. I mean, fuck, we've got several threads about DH in Vancouver on this forum, on styleforum, and men.style.com!

Even better he would've gotten of his chair, went downtown, walked into Leone and seen the amazing, overpriced selection of DH.

If I was gay I'd probably do Felix. Heck I'd probably do Lowrey too and Chris... and maybe even Dark Animal.

Sorry to take this thread off course.

supermoments in hookup history

no homo

oh and in regards of the original post, yes, people here prefer raw denim, thats just how it is. but I've posted several pics of washed jeans, fuck, I even wore a pair of plain no-flap true religions at one point and got compliments. its all a matter of overall style. if your diesels fit you well and dont look like they were in a shredder, and you can dress otherwise too, I doubt anyone will hate on you. if someone does, its a personal problem of that idiot but not the forum.

I dont see people hating here if you wer pre-distressed jeans, I see people hating if you look like a fucking tool.

my gripe with pre-distressed jeans, particularly "premium" pre-distressed jeans:

its over priced. i havent owned a pair, and i doont even know the price point of diesel, but ive see a pair of paper denim, and the quality is shitty. the name suits it well.

pre-distressed denim in general started to irk me when i was in ross a couple of years ago. a redneck couple looked at a pair of distressed jeans on display. this particular pair of jeans had a hole in the knee. the husband said, "theyre charging more because they shot em in the knee with a shotgun. whats this world coming to."

diesel tries to make theyre jeans look like ones you can get in a thrift store for $5. and the raw denim we obsess over here at superfuture are are fucking on point when it comes to quality.

I hear you completely. I work at bloomingdales at the premium denim section. First of all, about 5% of the jeans can hardly be described as premium. Second, the amount of douchebags that will purchase distressed denim because the brand is popular and not because it looks good is insane. And third, i cannot stand when people who wear baggy hip-hop style jeans come in and ask for a size 38 in tight fitting pants which aren't meant to be worn that way.

Thank god we just got some lindebergs in. I'll be buying those on sale in a few months since not a single upper east side douche will even lay eyes on them in fear of being called gay.