Trip to NYC - sales, places to check-out, etc.

Tiranis

Well, I just bought a ticket and hotel reservation in NYC for 14 days, leaving in 6 hours—yeah, nothing better than impulse purchases. :cool: Anyway, so I'm going to be staying there until Jan 3rd and I'm wondering what are the places to check out during this time of year, what are the sales and stuff like that. Obviously there's the New Year's celebration... but anything special during Christmas (Dec 24 - 26)? Also, any places having good sales?

Basically mention anything noteworthy in relation to shopping, places to visit, and where to eat-out—I would prefer great and cheap places, mainly because I enjoy the cheaper places far more than the expensive ones—and the more hidden the place is the better.

Thanks everyone! (And, please, don't ask me to do a search... first of all I already have and second I'm asking regarding this specific situation.)

First off my friend, you really do need to do a search. Your questions are not specific at all. One thread (amongst hundreds of others) that I would strongly recommend is the following, which you would have found very helpful had you searched:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16616

BY FAR the best cheap place to eat is Kenka in East Village; the food there is exceptional. Make a night of it and afterwards mozy on a close one block away to McSorley's, the oldest pub in NYC.

As for shopping, NYC is your oyster. Print out the Superfuture maps accessible on the front page......the places most likely to be having good sales are the major department stores: Bloomingdales, Saks, Macy's, etc.

You might also want to walk around Soho as well as random stores there may be having good sales. I am sure any sales associate at any store there will be able to tell you who has great sales in the area around this time of year. Oh, and if you are in Soho/Little Italy, be sure to hit up Rice to Riches...so damn good:

http://www.ricetoriches.com/

Man, I feel like a regular aul' NYC vet now......he heh.