Digital SLRs?

nairb49

so, im really looking to invest in a nice lense. i already got some lenses (18-35 standard and an 88-200) but i want somethign with some more midrange. also, it should be kinda cheap as that im a broke sucka. any suggestions? maybe a 75 or something?

so, im really looking to invest in a nice lense. i already got some lenses (18-35 standard and an 88-200) but i want somethign with some more midrange. also, it should be kinda cheap as that im a broke sucka. any suggestions? maybe a 75 or something?

check out some tamron lenses, they've got some nice glass in them now.

they won't kill your wallet either.

check out some tamron lenses, they've got some nice glass in them now.

they won't kill your wallet either.

ok so in my search for a dslr, I've narrowed it down to like 3 models, since they don't make the Nikon d50 anymore (that woulda been my first choice)

it's between d40, d40x or Canon eos 400D, basically, my main question is, Nikon or Canon... :confused:

ok so in my search for a dslr, I've narrowed it down to like 3 models, since they don't make the Nikon d50 anymore (that woulda been my first choice)

it's between d40, d40x or Canon eos 400D, basically, my main question is, Nikon or Canon... :confused:

i've got the d40x. good entry level to medium level camera. its relaly user friendly and you can find it with packages that come with like 2 lenses and all the extra stuffs. its a great camera. im still learning how to use it, but i love it to death.

i've got the d40x. good entry level to medium level camera. its relaly user friendly and you can find it with packages that come with like 2 lenses and all the extra stuffs. its a great camera. im still learning how to use it, but i love it to death.

i've shot some with the d40x and the 400D, i found the 400D gives you better prints, but those damn back buttons are frustrating(compared to the back dial on the 5D or 40D)

i think the best way to figure out what one you want is think about what you want to do with your photography

-low light?

-use off camera flash?

-quick actiony stuff?

if you shoot alot of lo-light stuff i'de go with the 400D, Canons AF is great for situations like under bridges, or at concerts

if you're shooting more during the day or want to use some off camera speed lights(the SB speed flashes are the one reason i love nikon) go with nikon

i like the way nikon handles their jpgs, the greens and blues are nice right out of the box most times.

but i could go on for days.

ps. did you check out pentax?

those new lenses are fucking SICK.

pps. i shoot canon.

i've shot some with the d40x and the 400D, i found the 400D gives you better prints, but those damn back buttons are frustrating(compared to the back dial on the 5D or 40D)

i think the best way to figure out what one you want is think about what you want to do with your photography

-low light?

-use off camera flash?

-quick actiony stuff?

if you shoot alot of lo-light stuff i'de go with the 400D, Canons AF is great for situations like under bridges, or at concerts

if you're shooting more during the day or want to use some off camera speed lights(the SB speed flashes are the one reason i love nikon) go with nikon

i like the way nikon handles their jpgs, the greens and blues are nice right out of the box most times.

but i could go on for days.

ps. did you check out pentax?

those new lenses are fucking SICK.

pps. i shoot canon.

well, I think I'm not gonna use it for specific shots... it's just to replace my digital compact camera wich I'm kinda tired of...

I'll probably end up taking mostly 'tourist kinda shots' and shots of things I like when I happen to see them, the odd pics on an airshow, plus ofcourse pics of jeans and leather items. :P

I was also interested in the olympus e-510 cause it has an image stabilizer and I'm not one with real steady hands, but it's a bit heavier and bigger, so I figured, what the... :D

well, I think I'm not gonna use it for specific shots... it's just to replace my digital compact camera wich I'm kinda tired of...

I'll probably end up taking mostly 'tourist kinda shots' and shots of things I like when I happen to see them, the odd pics on an airshow, plus ofcourse pics of jeans and leather items. :P

I was also interested in the olympus e-510 cause it has an image stabilizer and I'm not one with real steady hands, but it's a bit heavier and bigger, so I figured, what the... :D

o ok, if you like the in body shake reduction check out this

http://www.pentaxslr.com/bodies/k100super

the dust shake.

is nice.

ps. if you can find any old k-mount pentax lenses they'll fit on this.

heeellllllooooooooooo ebay.

o ok, if you like the in body shake reduction check out this

http://www.pentaxslr.com/bodies/k100super

the dust shake.

is nice.

ps. if you can find any old k-mount pentax lenses they'll fit on this.

heeellllllooooooooooo ebay.

might have to consider that one too...

I'm still leaning towards the Canon or Nikon tho, dunno, they just got a better reputation... (my dad got a OM2 but he woulda gotten a Canon if they were cheaper in the day)

I'm still leaning towards the Canon or Nikon tho, dunno, they just got a better reputation... (my dad got a OM2 but he woulda gotten a Canon if they were cheaper in the day)

Check this

Canon 5D 85 1.2L 3200 at f/1.2open

Canon rocks.....

Check this... I HATE U AIRFROG.

/jealousy /envy /mylensisbiggerthanyourlenscomplex

I need that 85 in my life! Great example shots too.

Check this

Canon 5D 85 1.2L 3200 at f/1.2open

Canon rocks.....

Check this... I HATE U AIRFROG.

/jealousy /envy /mylensisbiggerthanyourlenscomplex

I need that 85 in my life! Great example shots too.

canon and nikon are the top two for a reason, they work.

but if you want more bang for your cash money, check out the other companies.

i really like pentax because of the new bodies, their redonkulosly nice battery grip, and the new lenses

shake reduction in camera, and weather proofed.

so nice.

canon and nikon are the top two for a reason, they work.

but if you want more bang for your cash money, check out the other companies.

i really like pentax because of the new bodies, their redonkulosly nice battery grip, and the new lenses

shake reduction in camera, and weather proofed.

so nice.