blue in green visit

blake

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add my praise for BiG. I haven't dealt much at all with them, but Gordon had a hem job finished and on my doorstep within a week of me mailing out the jeans.

Blake, I also need a crotch reinforcement soon. No rips yet, and I have a large enough patch of matching denim. If you catch this, would you PM me some info on cost, turnaround time, etc?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Never met noriko but the first time I went to BiG I almost freaked out since Gordon was working...I wanted to tell him how much I love him and the whole "famous on the internet" line deal, it was very much a star struck moment for me...alas, my accompanying family would not have it...

I went there once and the black guy was working. He didn't seem that bad. There was a girl also but I don't know who she was exactly. I didn't pay that much attention to her. I wound up buying a pair of jeans from them but one of the buttons fell off. I just hammered it back into place and it seems fine for now. In hindsight, however, I wish I should have consulted with them to see if they had a better solution. lol

every time i am in new york i always make it a point to hit up BIG and every time i go in Johnny is working. He is always super friendly, super helpful and usually comes out to watch my band play as that is the reason I am in town. I have bought a pair of jeans the past 3 visits and it has a lot to do with how they treat me there.

every time i've been to blue in green it's always the black dude (don't know the guy's name) and noriko working. noriko is always very nice, humble.

however, the black dude is grumpy and bitchy... don't get what's his problem...

am i the only one who feels this way?

me neither, never had any problems with the staff there, always cool as shit

first time i went in there was to look at the warehouse contest jeans.

i was really nervous and stuttered.

hi.

i'm will_i_am. from uh superfuture.

you know.

gordon was extremely nice though.

every experience i've had with them was great,

getting extra material to patch/phone calls.

all friendly.

ya i walk in and johnny most of the time is working there like all of you have said although he never really says hi to me when i come in. its like ring the door buzz me in and he looks back at the comp. however once you get the ball rolling in conversation he isn't so bad. he did the hemming on my sc47s, oki's and my gf's pbj's.

very nice people noriko as well ! however they never quite seem to remember me. i must have a forgettable face eh shrug.

i've talked to gordon in person as well as over the phone the man is kind and more than happy to answer all your questions. great guy.

big up to the BIG.

yeah.... i'd be pretty bored to sit among stacks of super-expensive jeans that all basically look the same and dealing with anal denim nerds all the time.

so i guess i feel for him... thanks for helping me to see it from his viewpoint.

dream-job! its called boring when your'e not interested. thats not even a job. that's getting paid to do what i want to do all day anyway

my cousin just got a condo in clinton hill (BK), and she's actually a good friend of johnny's. so basically i got a place to stay and an inroad...i e-mail gordon enough, so maybe i need to put my bid in. i don't care how much it pays!

I've been to BIG. It's a TINY place, but stocked with goodness. I bought 2 pairs of Sammies and a pair of Paul Smith Red Ear.

Not the most friendly staff in person- not real chit chatty. But they did size and chain stitch my jeans right then and there.

I've also talked to Gordon several times by email. He's really helpful and quick to respond. And he can special order about any denim you want.

The trick is to sign up for their email list. That way you get first notice about events and sales, which they have 2 or 3 times a year.

Not the most friendly staff in person- not real chit chatty. But they did size and chain stitch my jeans right then and there.

your the type that likes to be bothered by SAs?

They figure if you know the store your gonna know what you want there's no need for them to try and sell you stuff

not seeing some douche bag with the same pair of jeans, shirt, or belt as me within a 250 mile radius.

lol are you shitting me-- I'm not anal, i just don't want anyone to be wearing an article of clothing the same as mine within the same state

and yeah, i know the subtle differences, but if u look at them all together they're basically look the same

except for that one pair of new sda's they got going for around 200 bucks... that one's a pretty cool pair.

I always go in to say hi, enjoy their comfortable chairs, make small talk, then leave without buying anything.

All in all, always a good experience.

lolz gordon mentioned this once

ya i walk in and johnny most of the time is working there like all of you have said although he never really says hi to me when i come in. its like ring the door buzz me in and he looks back at the comp. however once you get the ball rolling in conversation he isn't so bad. he did the hemming on my sc47s, oki's and my gf's pbj's.

very nice people noriko as well ! however they never quite seem to remember me. i must have a forgettable face eh shrug.

i've talked to gordon in person as well as over the phone the man is kind and more than happy to answer all your questions. great guy.

big up to the BIG.

Noriko is a sweety but the black dude always looks bored out his shit. Retail is still retail I guess.
yeah.... i'd be pretty bored to sit among stacks of super-expensive jeans that all basically look the same and dealing with anal denim nerds all the time.

so i guess i feel for him... thanks for helping me to see it from his viewpoint.

johnnys a unique guy. working with him, he always seemed just a little bit stressed and almost irritated at times, but i think its really just how he comes off to people. hes chill, he just doesnt always get super enthused since hes not really into the repro scene and all that, theres only a few pairs of jeans in the store the guy would wear

dealing with some of the customers was a real pain in the ass though i wont lie.. just one example, that guy akuma ta oeihrgih3 whatever came in one day mouthin off about his SE jawns, asking if BiG carried flat head or some shit? and asking about the lawsuit this lawsuit that, "you guys got some pairs with tabs back there you save? blah blah". believe me, the doods in there have heard it all enough, mad old..

also, any of you fucks going in there to try on pairs to get your sizing down just so you can go order a pair from overseas with arcs and a tab, they know who you are, and you ain't too popular..

oh, and if hes looking at the computer and not you, he's probably chattin' up a shawty

dealing with some of the customers was a real pain in the ass though i wont lie.. just one example, that guy akuma ta oeihrgih3 whatever came in one day mouthin off about his SE jawns, asking if BiG carried flat head or some shit? and asking about the lawsuit this lawsuit that, "you guys got some pairs with tabs back there you save? blah blah". believe me, the doods in there have heard it all enough, mad old..

also, any of you fucks going in there to try on pairs to get your sizing down just so you can go order a pair from overseas with arcs and a tab, they know who you are, and you ain't too popular.

hahah thanks for this story, made me laugh... can't believe there are people who go around introducing themselves as their forum aliases