unwashed hawaii idea?

blinddan

my unwashed hawaii's in 30x34 are much too baggy for my tastes.

i was wondering which of these two methods would work better:

- cold soak: just for 4-6 hours, drain, wring, wear until dry

or

- warm bath with me wearing them for 1-2 hours, drain, wear until dry

i mostly want to do this for a better fit, and for a better hold of the dye, as they're transferring like mad.

i'm mostly wondering if the horse hair patch will be ruined by water... or if they'll actually transfer less after the soak.

i'm sorry for posting it, as i know the rules very well, but i'd never seen a definitive answer for which soak, and i'd never seen anyone ask about horse hair and water.

EDIT: the product code ends in A for washed and N for unwashed? can someone confirm this? because these are hawaii's that end in A, and they definatly seem sooo unwashed.

first things first

were they raw or one-wash to begin with?

well now, i'm not sure, the store i bought them at tells me their product number ends in A, typically meaning that they are in the one-wash state. i have not put these jeans on because i haven't figured this out yet. they transfer what seems to be an insane amount, compared to my dry black nudies and indigo apc's, but i figured that could be alot of things. what's a definitive way of determining if they washed or not?

oh, and welcome.

why, thank you! it seems like most people here would rather be jerks than welcome people.

sounds like you DO have one-wash.

you've got the synthetic/natural indigo blend hawaiis. i have no personal experience with those. however, as a rule, jeans will crock the most during the first few months. a wash will definitely tone it down, but it will keep crocking for a few washes. it is rather intense, especially if you are used to nudies and apc's, which don't crock much at all. but it is the nature of the beast. fighting it is futile.

same goes with the cut. most people aren't accustomed to repros, and it can be quite a shock if you are used to modern cuts like the brands you mentioned.

either you will have to adjust to these jeans, or you'll have to decide they are not for you. personally, i love that the water runs blue whenever i wash my hands.

sounds like you DO have one-wash.

you've got the synthetic/natural indigo blend hawaiis. i have no personal experience with those. however, as a rule, jeans will crock the most during the first few months. a wash will definitely tone it down, but it will keep crocking for a few washes. it is rather intense, especially if you are used to nudies and apc's, which don't crock much at all. but it is the nature of the beast. fighting it is futile.

same goes with the cut. most people aren't accustomed to repros, and it can be quite a shock if you are used to modern cuts like the brands you mentioned.

either you will have to adjust to these jeans, or you'll have to decide they are not for you. personally, i love that the water runs blue whenever i wash my hands.

i could definatly live with them in the state they are, i'd just rather they were trimmer, as i'm just the "bean-post" kinda guy, 5'10" / 130lbs. the dye is just annoying because i unfortuneatly own white couches! atleast my bedsheets are navy. but yeah, if the soak isn't a good idea, i guess i'll just fight when them! i have to go to school for now though, thank you very much for your help thus far.