aged clarks wallabee pics

youngluc

No pics, but just want to say that one of my advisors has a pair of Wallys that have aged and turned out beautifully.

mine have aged nicely as well. ive had them for about 5 months and wore them every day. ive skated, climbed, golfed, played basketball in them.

the leather will hold up. still have a pair from 4 years ago. its the crepe soles that shit out. It's really weird too. They are 2 stages. 1st stage is when it gets wet out, and it's literally like walking on fucking gum. Driving is the worst in this stage as your shoe sticks to the pedals. Next is the completely worn down phase for those brave enough to barrel through the 1st stage. I'll take pics when i get home. I'd actually be interested to hear if anyone has recrepe'd these bad boys.

Playing basketball in crepe soles boggles the crap outta me. The soft, squishy sole doesn't help at all in moving laterally, which is the biggest component in the sport.

they arent so soft and squishy anymore. well i cant tell really since i havent worn any other shoes in the past 5 months. they did give me sores however.

and please note that i only did it because barefoot was my only other option.

I wore black suede wallies with a gum sole everyday for 2 years, also for school. They aged well except for some asshole spilling spaghetti sauce on one of em .. was never able to fully get that out of the suede, even though it wasn't totally visible, I still knew where the spots were.

But the soles do crap out easily, wasn't the greatest shoe to wear during the winter season with snow and rain around.

this thread is worthless without pics.

(i am also interested in seeing the wear on these.

also, does anybody know of a desert boot shaped just like clarks and around the same price but without such a thick sole? its a little too chunky for what i like.

suede or leather would be cool, show me what you got.

due to the thin sole and my feet being fucked-up (totally flat and crooked), i can't wear wallys for more than maybe 2 or 3 months, even though i'm wearing some orthopedic insoles. when they start to soften up too much, i'll just start walking next to the sole and it's both extremely uncomfortable and ugly. even though it would affect the look of the shoe, i really wish they made them with a wider sole so i could keep a pair for longer...

Nice sean...! Looks good.

i saw 19 posts and figured there'd be a few pictures, at least...

will post my vintage P&Bs this weekend (probably my favorite shoe)!

you are right.. Since I have a conscience I uploaded a couple of pictures of some of my p&b wallys too..

06ym9.jpg

05yq4.jpg

01iu2.jpg